Cubase 7.5 - issues and problems experienced so far

Everything else...

Cubase 7.5 - issues and problems experienced so far

Postby eivind » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Hello!

First issue:
Steinberg Hub is not connecting anymore. Not a great loss, but it's nice to be reminded of news and updates via the Hub. It did work before (on 7), so it's got nothing to do with my system. Nah - I haven't changed my system at all.

Second issue: Documentation. After installing the upgrade the docs are still the same (7), even if there's some upgrades done to the software. How do I get 7.5 docs - are there any?

Third issue: Related to the second one - I tried the Re-Record function recording MIDI. It may be related to audio only for all I know.. but it didn't work as expected. When I tried to find some docs on the new function.. nada.. (I know where it is, but I need to read up on how it works)

Question: Do I have to download and install the full everything to get the docs?

Otherwise C7.5 works ok here, plays old projects as expected. I don't work with Cubase on a daily basis - so there's no way I'm able to say what's working and not.. until I need a function.
Computermuso since intel8088 - Hive made
eivind

Re: Cubase 7.5 - issues and problems experienced so far

Postby Grim » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:12 pm

Second issue: Documentation. After installing the upgrade the docs are still the same (7), even if there's some upgrades done to the software. How do I get 7.5 docs - are there any?

When I tried to find some docs on the new function.. nada

I guess you missed the "New Features in Cubase 7.5" pdf in Help/documentation.
i7 930@2.8, 12Gb, W7HP x64, Cubase 7.5.20 x64, Steinberg UR28M, Alphatrack, Wavelab Elements 7.2.1.
Grim

Re: Cubase 7.5 - issues and problems experienced so far

Postby eivind » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:14 am

Thanks alot! :D

It was the last of that list.. I do not navigate through zillions of menus to find solutions in Cubase - I load the main doc and hit search. Ah well.. I still think new features should be included in the main doc. Adding a new features doc is ok, but should be regarded an addendum for special interest in "news".

However - the docs doesn't state anything about re-record being just for audio. Recording in MIDI here, and Re-Record feature does NOT work. The last rec stays.. and what's recorded is added to the next run.

So it's still: ctrl-z, press locator left and teh old rec star. :?

As far as I can see, the new feature Re-Record does not work as expected.
Computermuso since intel8088 - Hive made
eivind

Return to Miscellaneous