Steinberg's dongle alternative coming

Some time ago I had a session in a “band room” doing some preproduction recordings… I very rarely use Cubendo outside my studio… here I did… the elicencer died… I never was able to find a reason - it was not physically damaged… it just stopped working… we spent 2 hours trying to nail it down to a dongle-fail and not an USB port fail or something like that.

In the end I had to use Garage Band.

What a PITA it was!!

The following replacement scenario was done professional and easy - temporary licences were sent, I had a spare elicencer… in addition to that I had still my Nuendo elicecer in the studio so I had no downtime (used the Cubase elicener on the Laptop, just because of STUFF LIKE THAT).

It never happened to me in 12 years - recently it happened… it was not a showstopper because it was not a live show … but it was very very ugly though.

At least it would be cool if users of the “big” Cubase/Nuendo versions could have some kind of “dongle free” licence for using Cubase LE or Artist or something like that on the laptop… Maybe I will try to dig into Logic some more, using that on the Laptop (Macbook Pro) … ?!