Lost USB licenser

Hi!
I’m from Ukraine.
Today I’ve lost my USB eLicesnser with Cubase 7 EE license.
Local distributor (Jazz Club) recommend me to resolve this problenm in my steinberg account.
But when I try to ‘Request support’ i got the message :

‘Individual support for you is provided by one of our Steinberg distributors. Please find a list of distributors on this page:
http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=distributor&L=1&cHash=dc373d6940becb17787da623b3065f81

Could you help me please!

P.S. I alredy bought a new USB eLicenser

P.P.S. I got eLicenser number (lost and new one) and Cubase 7 activation code

Check in the palm of your hand for your USB elicenser.
That’s usually where my keys are when I’m looking for them. :laughing:

Actually, I think I read somewhere that they are planning to change it.

Thanks for the advice, but eLicenser is gone. Completely.

Is there any chance to contact steinberg support for help?

Are you sure?

Okay, where is the last place you saw it … ?

:neutral_face:

Yes you must of seen the comment on GS about it but there is also a thread on here stating after that comment was made there is no plans to change the eliencer system in the foreseeable future .

Love the “jokesters” here making fun of someone’s unfortunate circumstance (which could of course had been avoided if Steinberg had a modern, internet-based registration system in place). :unamused:

MaxNRG, you should attempt to get ahold of Steinberg support directly.

Anyone have an alternate email address for MaxNRG to try?

Good luck!

unfortunately there’s no direct support in Ukraine.

Ahh yes…that all rings a bell here now G.

I’m not arguing Cubase should eliminate copy-protection, only that this instance highlights how the dongle installation scheme Steinberg employs places an unnecessary burden on their paying customers, and at a time when much more modern and efficient means of copy protection are readily available.

In that case I’ll get a software only key for my house and car? Having keys for those is an intolerable burden. :laughing: If I don’t clap my hands they don’t know where they are. :mrgreen:

I’m not sure who you are referring to as a “jokester”, but if I am in that catagory - my question is still relevant.

And the support section referred to on this forum is not on your Ukrainian computer?

This one? http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/support_contact.html

If a situation depends on the dongle being present for income, one would think that a user would logically protect such a delicate situation, an extra dongle seems perfectly in line with that sort of thinking. I mean, if it really carries that much weight.

There is no more “unnecessary burden on their paying customers”. It’s no different than any other USB device.

What if your Internet provider is having problems? When it comes down to it, there just isn’t a perfect solution. Sure, there are alternate solutions, but they all have pro’s and con’s. Steinberg chose the eLicenser route. You know this when purchasing Cubase.

Contrary to your opinion on what is modern and efficient, I would say that the eLicenser is just that, no need to have your computer connected to the Internet should you choose not to, but it works that way too. You can head on out to an Internet café or friend, and activate your license. For people with no Internet access, that point is actually beats the “more modern and efficient means”.

Well said.
Neither modern nor efficient are always necessarily better.

it is, but it seems very helpful

I’m a fan of internet authorization as an alternative to a dongle. If you think about it, a dongle loss is most likely away from home/the studio, and that’s only really a problem with laptops. So if you lose your dongle and your internet goes down (unlikely and unlucky!), you just take the laptop to any location with internet access (friend/family/hotspot) and you can at least access work critical stuff until you get a replacement sorted.

I know ultimately the owness is on the user to keep their hardware safe and secure but for people who travel a lot (especially touring bands who rely on Cubase for live stuff) the dongle is a liability.

When I was in the states for a tour, I was able to run Reason 6.5 on 4g from my tethered phone in a van while my hardware dongle sat safely at home. I’d love the same freedom with cubase.

In the meantime I’ll just continue to obsessively check for my dongle before I set off anywhere! If I do ever get around to using my laptop as part of my live rig I guess I can use cubase AI. Or Reaper. Maybe that’d work.

I forgot my Steinberg 9 PRO USB Dongle in a studio PC at work, where i teach young people in music production. The day after my DONGLE was STOLEN. I suppose nobody can use it without my passwords and so… But i wont see it again. Have just orderet a new one after reading some of these posts. At the moment im not shure if/how cubase will help me? Waiting for my dongle should arrive 2/6/17… :cry:

If your licenses are registered, once your new dongle arrives, use the Zero Downtime to reactivate the licenses.