Steinberg's dongle alternative coming

I have a desktop PC that I keep the dongle in when I’m at home. Not a problem there. But I also have a laptop that I’d like to incorporate for live use. I don’t need to be able to run Cubase live. I’m just beginning to learn Cantabile and have several VSTi’s that require a dongle. HALion Sonic 2, PadShop Pro, Retrologue, not to mention my Korg Legacy series, all my Arturia VSTs, and so on. I hate the thought that I take my laptop out and lose the dongle. I’ve been using the same dongle since Cubase SX. I recently bought the Absolute VST Collection (which came with another dongle - shorter than my original). That would force me to get SB to authorize my new dongle - and the other manufacturers as well - and would be more of a PITA then anything. If I remember correctly, all my software that uses the dongle are stored in the LCC, so it would just be a matter of me telling the LCC to load the licenses up to my blank dongle. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

I also have a wireless mouse that uses the short, stubby USB thingie. If SB would/could go to something like that, I’d be happy with that compromise. I’m just scared to death it would get broken using it live on stage - even if I use a USB extension cable to get it away from directly sticking out of my laptop. Here’s to what the future holds. I’m sure good things are on the horizon. Now to update to 7.5 … lol