New Song: I Feel Like I'm Flying

Here’s some total weirdness. Don’t worry about the crackles you hear. It’s not your monitors. It’s a dusty vinyl effect that’s part of the drum loop. And if you hear something that sounds like a speaker buzzing, it’s part of that effect in the OHs. Clean your damned stylus. This reminds me of what vinyl always sounded like. Anyway I got this package of vintage synthesizers for Xmas because I couldn’t afford the Roland Jupiter 80, so I was playing around with an Oberheim, Jupiter 8, CS80, and a Prophet 5, my Strat (w/ the Duncan quarter pounders), my POD HD, and a few bowls :wink: … it’s legal here :sunglasses: …, and I put this mess together.

Then I had to think of a name for the song. I kind of felt like I was flying… :laughing: and it’s almost 2014. I remember when I was little they were telling us that by the year 2000 we’d have flying cars. I always wanted a flying car, but as we got closer and closer to 2000 it looked like it would never happen. :cry: It never did. But I just pictured myself in one of those things cruising along the airways…

Hell, just sit back and listen to the song.

Love it, feel like I’m flying are those samples of Oberheim, Jupiter 8, CS80, Prophet 5, or real thing? Love the guitar part also.
enough said gonna finish listening :slight_smile:

Love it, feel like I’m flying are those samples of Oberheim, Jupiter 8, CS80, Prophet 5, or real thing? Love the guitar part also.
enough said gonna finish listening :slight_smile:

Very interesting piece…a lot of these kind of instrumentals seem to just jog along to the usual drum loop having forgotten that there needs to be something else (a tune) over it…so well done, some great sounds and very atmospheric, enjoyed it though I think 5 minutes was the place to end it…Kevin

I wish those were the real things. That’s the Arturia V Collection. The melody and solo were the Oberheim. I was tweaking knobs on it. Half the fun was finding the right instrument for the sound.

I also practice licks on the guitar and make my own loops. If I’m going to use loops, it’s more creative that way. Drums? Forget it.

My sales rep at Sweetwater told me about it when I cringed at the size of the Jupiter 80 - no it wasn’t the price. It won’t fit. I have that many instruments in the studio, but no vintage synths. The real things are like out of my price range and usually need restoring. But $200 was in the budget, and I figure if I learn how to MIDI map this thing to my Oxygen 61’s sliders and knobs I’ll be able to adjust things on the fly which for what I’m doing will be fine. I was doing the best I could with one hand on the keyboard and my left hand on the mouse. I figured this is about as close to William Orbit’s 1990s rig as I’m going to get.

Now the 5 minute thing. I can’t seem to do anything under 7 minutes. But this one was fun. I remixed it because I felt the bass was a wee bit too heavy. I forgot to slap a side chain compressor on it with the kick, and it’s amazing how much difference that makes.

Nice melody, very enjoed listen it.Good job!