eLicenser server is down

Poor programmers from Steinberg…

They make such a good job (to get customers) and the service guys put them to flight…

My, my - what a lovely post.

Its working now.

Just to be fair, maybe this is not entirely Steinberg’s fault. The eLicenser site has no forums, nor have I seen any announcement there about the issue.

Then again, I have noticed that this forum now has at least 5 new members, whose posts have only surrounded the activation problem we are all having right now. This in itself speaks volumes. However, Steinberg is selling their software in conjunction with an eLicencer dongle, aka “The Steinberg Key”–a term frequently used by other software companies who need to inform their customers that they need to activate their software using that dongle. My point is: a new Steinberg customer is not obliged to “know” that other companies also use the same type of dongle for activation, so they hold Steinberg responsible for such unfortunate events, and rightfully so.

For the rest of us “returning customers” well, we have chosen Steinberg products, and all we can do besides expressing our frustration is to keep riding Steinberg’s roller-coaster like we all have in the past.

Bottom line is: it would be nice if Steinberg joined the conversation to explain what is happening, or at least clarify how this may not be their fault–although I genuinely doubt anything but a successful activation would satisfy new (or even older) customers.

I just tried. It’s NOT working.
But thanks for the few seconds of false relief. :smiley:

Following Jeff Hayat’s comment that the system is working, I tried to complete the activation of the upgrade from V7 to V7.5 but still couldn’t get it to work after three attempts. The process validates my activation code but fails to complete the process. Guess I’ll just have to keep watching and trying.

As an experienced company director, one of the first issues I deal with in a company is the state of the risk register. Have we identified all of the things that could harm our business, particularly through causing distress in some way to loyal customers, and have we put in place robust and totally reliable management processes to deal with those risks?

If you are going to mandate a process that customers have to follow to be able to use the product you have sold them, it seems to me that this is then a core business process that should be protected from failure at all costs. It is hard to understand how something like this can be allowed to happen in an organisation serving a global market, 24/7 - 365 days of the year.

Hopefully someone will take charge of this situation and get it dealt with from both the short and long term perspectives.

Bottom line is: it would be nice if Steinberg joined the conversation to explain what is happening, or at least clarify how this may not be their fault–although I genuinely doubt anything but a successful activation would satisfy new (or even older) customers.

Immediately owning up to an issue usually helps calm things quite a bit.

eLicense is under the Steinberg umbrella I believe…

Having the same problem with Halion5. Obviously all eLicensers are down.

Still not working!!!

Just upgraded from Cubase 6 to 7.5, having the same issue everyone is. I thought I was alone.

Its a shame,first day i register here,its because i can’t really activate my 7 Elements Upgrade…Steinberg its on Christmas Vacations,i Bet…maybe next Year,we can activate our Legit Products…

Apologies - I thought “Server down” meant that the site was down. Not that the site was up and the activation portion was not working. Sorry!

Poor showing, Steinberg!

I just picked on reFX Nexus2 COMPLETE. Can’t do a thing with it until Steinberg resolves THEIR issue. Talk about getting jerked for Christmas?! LOL.

Get it together, guys. This exemplifies poor customer service. :imp:

Lets Spread the word,maybe Steinberg Responsible people will se and put the Server back again before next Year !!

Welcome aboard buddy! You’re totally not alone. The ship will set sail eventually. It’s just a matter of time…(captain gone AWOL!)

Ironically, one potentially good thing about all this activation problem is that new members are joining us almost by the hour! :slight_smile:

Yeeeaaaah!!! That’s what I’m talking about. :smiley:

Welcome aboard to you too!

Generally you guys who have experienced downtime before, when should it be up and running again?
And please, could someone get a mod here, its a wonder they haven’t caught up with this thread.

a) It’s hard to tell. I know it’s an awkward thing to say, but I guess that’s why NASA hasn’t found a way to ship a man to Mars yet.
b) The private cell phone numbers of all the mods are all over the place! :slight_smile:

Seriously though, there is not much any one of us can do but just wait.

Previous server down was announced in news…
Please find somebody from steinberg and slaps around a bit with a large trout :smiley:

This is our Christmas gift from Steinberg!..

In 13-14 years… never had this experience before.

I’ve had -other- dongle issues… like most people… but never for 2-3 days like this. People used to scream all the time about “DONGLES!!!” but I actually -like- the idea.

Until now. :smiley: