eLicenser server is down

Still not working!!!

Just upgraded from Cubase 6 to 7.5, having the same issue everyone is. I thought I was alone.

Its a shame,first day i register here,its because i can’t really activate my 7 Elements Upgrade…Steinberg its on Christmas Vacations,i Bet…maybe next Year,we can activate our Legit Products…

Apologies - I thought “Server down” meant that the site was down. Not that the site was up and the activation portion was not working. Sorry!

Poor showing, Steinberg!

I just picked on reFX Nexus2 COMPLETE. Can’t do a thing with it until Steinberg resolves THEIR issue. Talk about getting jerked for Christmas?! LOL.

Get it together, guys. This exemplifies poor customer service. :imp:

Lets Spread the word,maybe Steinberg Responsible people will se and put the Server back again before next Year !!

Welcome aboard buddy! You’re totally not alone. The ship will set sail eventually. It’s just a matter of time…(captain gone AWOL!)

Ironically, one potentially good thing about all this activation problem is that new members are joining us almost by the hour! :slight_smile:

Yeeeaaaah!!! That’s what I’m talking about. :smiley:

Welcome aboard to you too!

Generally you guys who have experienced downtime before, when should it be up and running again?
And please, could someone get a mod here, its a wonder they haven’t caught up with this thread.

a) It’s hard to tell. I know it’s an awkward thing to say, but I guess that’s why NASA hasn’t found a way to ship a man to Mars yet.
b) The private cell phone numbers of all the mods are all over the place! :slight_smile:

Seriously though, there is not much any one of us can do but just wait.

Previous server down was announced in news…
Please find somebody from steinberg and slaps around a bit with a large trout :smiley:

This is our Christmas gift from Steinberg!..

In 13-14 years… never had this experience before.

I’ve had -other- dongle issues… like most people… but never for 2-3 days like this. People used to scream all the time about “DONGLES!!!” but I actually -like- the idea.

Until now. :smiley:

From Steinberg’s website (https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/free_articles/kb_show/usb-elicensersteinberg-key-details-tips-and-troubleshooting.html):

“In December 2008, Steinberg Media Technologies accquired the eLicenser technology from Syncrosoft to open a new area of business and to expand the platform.”

So it is their own technology. And why should I bother in the first place? I have a product from Steinberg that doesn’t work. It’s their responsibility to sell a working software.

I’m just new to this forum because I am perhaps not the best Steinberg customer from sales view. I’m a hobby musician and used Cubase 5 VST32 for more than 10 years. It was one of the reasons why I still needed my old Windows XP installation :slight_smile: … I never had any issues with this old Cubase version, so there was no need to be a forum member …

GOOD BYE THEN !

Oh my. I feel so dumb… I sent alot of tickets and emails to my local distributors and American ones thinking i was doing something wrong for my activation or something like that. Turns out… My first experience with steinberg is bad so far :c

Still down!!!

Very unhappy consumer here!

I read my post again, and I found nothing to offend you or any other new members. I apologize, however, if you felt offended as it seems. I was trying to defend you whether you’re a hobbyist or in the business like me for more than 20 years, because we are all facing the same problem.

See what I mean gerol80?

Welcome aboard Isacw. In case you decide to stay with Steinberg (which I suggest you do) you need to be patient. Everything will be all right.

Good luck to all of us, and Happy New Year. :smiley:

Oh no … no offense taken. Sorry if you got the impression. Just wanted to explain why I’m new here …

Can anybody email me, when it start works? )
128 25 24 at gmail )

Just keep an eye on Facebook and Twitter (also seems to be a hot topic right now)
I also found a topic on Gear Slutz Related to it