eLicenser server is down

Post general topics related to Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 here.

Re: C7.5 Activation - Server down?

Postby Alexandre Carvalho » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:06 am

Lets Spread the word,maybe Steinberg Responsible people will se and put the Server back again before next Year !!
Alexandre Carvalho

Postby ipanema » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:10 am

dinowax wrote:Just upgraded from Cubase 6 to 7.5, having the same issue everyone is. I thought I was alone.

Welcome aboard buddy! You're totally not alone. The ship will set sail eventually. It's just a matter of time...(captain gone AWOL!)

Ironically, one potentially good thing about all this activation problem is that new members are joining us almost by the hour! :)
System 1 (master): Mac Pro 12-Core 2.93GHz, 16GB Ram OS X 10.9.1, Nuendo 6.0.5 64bit, Cubase 7.5 64bit, M-Audio ProFire 610
System 2 (slave): Core i7 3930K, Intel DX79SR, 64GB RAM, Win7 64bit, M-Audio Projectmix I/O
MacKie HR824, Roland XV5080, 3x 24" LEDs, Multiple SSDs & 2-3TB HDDs, VSL VE Pro, MIR Pro, lots of VST Instruments and Plugins
ipanema

Postby ipanema » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:16 am

Alexandre Carvalho wrote:Lets Spread the word,maybe Steinberg Responsible people will se and put the Server back again before next Year !!

Yeeeaaaah!!! That's what I'm talking about. :D

Welcome aboard to you too!
System 1 (master): Mac Pro 12-Core 2.93GHz, 16GB Ram OS X 10.9.1, Nuendo 6.0.5 64bit, Cubase 7.5 64bit, M-Audio ProFire 610
System 2 (slave): Core i7 3930K, Intel DX79SR, 64GB RAM, Win7 64bit, M-Audio Projectmix I/O
MacKie HR824, Roland XV5080, 3x 24" LEDs, Multiple SSDs & 2-3TB HDDs, VSL VE Pro, MIR Pro, lots of VST Instruments and Plugins
ipanema

Postby chonteg » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:02 am

Generally you guys who have experienced downtime before, when should it be up and running again?
And please, could someone get a mod here, its a wonder they haven't caught up with this thread.
chonteg

Postby ipanema » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:33 am

chonteg wrote:Generally you guys who have experienced downtime before, when should it be up and running again?
And please, could someone get a mod here, its a wonder they haven't caught up with this thread.

a) It's hard to tell. I know it's an awkward thing to say, but I guess that's why NASA hasn't found a way to ship a man to Mars yet.
b) The private cell phone numbers of all the mods are all over the place! :)

Seriously though, there is not much any one of us can do but just wait.
ipanema

Postby t0rr » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:37 am

Previous server down was announced in news...
Please find somebody from steinberg and slaps around a bit with a large trout :D

This is our Christmas gift from Steinberg!...
t0rr

Postby suntower » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:52 am

In 13-14 years... never had this experience before.

I've had -other- dongle issues... like most people... but never for 2-3 days like this. People used to scream all the time about "DONGLES!!!!" but I actually -like- the idea.

Until now. :D
Primary: i7960 16gb RAM, SSD, 3 1TB HD, Win7/64 Ult
Second: Q8400 16gb RAM 3 1TB HD, Win7/64
Laptop: HP Pavilion i5, 8GB RAM 7200RPM, Cubase 7.5, iCPro, WL7,
Vienna Ensemble5, VSL, NI Komplete, EWQLSO, etc. CME UF8, Roland TD-12 VDrums
suntower

Postby gerol80 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:38 am

ipanema wrote:Just to be fair, maybe this is not entirely Steinberg's fault. The eLicenser site has no forums, nor have I seen any announcement there about the issue.

Then again, I have noticed that this forum now has at least 5 new members, whose posts have only surrounded the activation problem we are all having right now. This in itself speaks volumes. However, Steinberg is selling their software in conjunction with an eLicencer dongle, aka "The Steinberg Key"--a term frequently used by other software companies who need to inform their customers that they need to activate their software using that dongle. My point is: a new Steinberg customer is not obliged to "know" that other companies also use the same type of dongle for activation, so they hold Steinberg responsible for such unfortunate events, and rightfully so.

For the rest of us "returning customers" well, we have chosen Steinberg products, and all we can do besides expressing our frustration is to keep riding Steinberg's roller-coaster like we all have in the past.

Bottom line is: it would be nice if Steinberg joined the conversation to explain what is happening, or at least clarify how this may not be their fault--although I genuinely doubt anything but a successful activation would satisfy new (or even older) customers.

From Steinberg's website (https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/kn ... oting.html):

"In December 2008, Steinberg Media Technologies accquired the eLicenser technology from Syncrosoft to open a new area of business and to expand the platform."

So it is their own technology. And why should I bother in the first place? I have a product from Steinberg that doesn't work. It's their responsibility to sell a working software.

I'm just new to this forum because I am perhaps not the best Steinberg customer from sales view. I'm a hobby musician and used Cubase 5 VST32 for more than 10 years. It was one of the reasons why I still needed my old Windows XP installation :-) ... I never had any issues with this old Cubase version, so there was no need to be a forum member ...
gerol80

Postby d-_-b » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:43 am

tex viler wrote:I cant believe this is happening.. I really consider to switch to the other side. PRO TOOLS & MAC
STEINBERG A**HOLES THIS IS A F***** DISGRACE

GOOD BYE THEN !
Win 7-64 bit | Rme| Cubase Latest version 64 bit | CMC's | Halion 5
d-_-b

Postby Isacw » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:55 am

Oh my. I feel so dumb... I sent alot of tickets and emails to my local distributors and American ones thinking i was doing something wrong for my activation or something like that. Turns out... My first experience with steinberg is bad so far :c
Isacw

Postby James K » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:14 am

Still down!!!

Very unhappy consumer here!
iMac 2011 , 8 Gigs RAM , C 7.5 ….UR28M….CC121….all Steinberg VSTs, Massive, Nexus, Waves
James K

Postby ipanema » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:37 am

gerol80 wrote:ipanema wrote:
Just to be fair, maybe this is not entirely Steinberg's fault. The eLicenser site has no forums, nor have I seen any announcement there about the issue.

Then again, I have noticed that this forum now has at least 5 new members, whose posts have only surrounded the activation problem we are all having right now. This in itself speaks volumes. However, Steinberg is selling their software in conjunction with an eLicencer dongle, aka "The Steinberg Key"--a term frequently used by other software companies who need to inform their customers that they need to activate their software using that dongle. My point is: a new Steinberg customer is not obliged to "know" that other companies also use the same type of dongle for activation, so they hold Steinberg responsible for such unfortunate events, and rightfully so.

For the rest of us "returning customers" well, we have chosen Steinberg products, and all we can do besides expressing our frustration is to keep riding Steinberg's roller-coaster like we all have in the past.

Bottom line is: it would be nice if Steinberg joined the conversation to explain what is happening, or at least clarify how this may not be their fault--although I genuinely doubt anything but a successful activation would satisfy new (or even older) customers.

gerol80 wrote:From Steinberg's website (https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/kn ... oting.html):

"In December 2008, Steinberg Media Technologies accquired the eLicenser technology from Syncrosoft to open a new area of business and to expand the platform."

So it is their own technology. And why should I bother in the first place? I have a product from Steinberg that doesn't work. It's their responsibility to sell a working software.

I'm just new to this forum because I am perhaps not the best Steinberg customer from sales view. I'm a hobby musician and used Cubase 5 VST32 for more than 10 years. It was one of the reasons why I still needed my old Windows XP installation ... I never had any issues with this old Cubase version, so there was no need to be a forum member ...

I read my post again, and I found nothing to offend you or any other new members. I apologize, however, if you felt offended as it seems. I was trying to defend you whether you're a hobbyist or in the business like me for more than 20 years, because we are all facing the same problem.

Isacw wrote:Oh my. I feel so dumb... I sent alot of tickets and emails to my local distributors and American ones thinking i was doing something wrong for my activation or something like that. Turns out... My first experience with stein berg is bad so far :c

See what I mean gerol80?

Welcome aboard Isacw. In case you decide to stay with Steinberg (which I suggest you do) you need to be patient. Everything will be all right.

Good luck to all of us, and Happy New Year. :D
ipanema

Postby gerol80 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:51 am

ipanema wrote:I read my post again, and I found nothing to offend you or any other new members. I apologize, however, if you felt offended as it seems. I was trying to defend you whether you're a hobbyist or in the business like me for more than 20 years, because we are all facing the same problem.

Oh no ... no offense taken. Sorry if you got the impression. Just wanted to explain why I'm new here ...
gerol80

Postby t0rr » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:59 am

Can anybody email me, when it start works? )
128 25 24 at gmail )
t0rr

Re: eLicenser server is down

Postby DjRavix » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:43 am

Just keep an eye on Facebook and Twitter (also seems to be a hot topic right now)
I also found a topic on Gear Slutz Related to it
PC Related Hardware:
Intel 3930K, 64GB Ram, 256GB+2X1TB+640GB
Audio Related Hardware:
828MK3,61SL MKII,Virus A,Ultra Nova,AirFX,Perception 200,Se Reflexion Filter,iNano,KRK RP8
Audio Related Software:
Cubase 7.5,HSO,Grand3,HALion5,Korg LCAE,Predator,SBB,RP-Verb/Delay/Distort,FF Bundle,Inflator,Sylenth1,Z3TA+2,Various Sample Packs
DjRavix

Postby Joppe » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:47 am

"Because of the Christmas holidays, there is no telephone support available from December 23rd to January 3rd 2014. The regular support will be available again on January 6th, 2014"

Ok, no telephone support for us customers until 6/1, but it seems odd that all of the staff is on vacation to 3/12. Today I guess it is a normal business day in most countrys, some of the staff at Steinberg should be at work. I then find it strange that they not have noticed the support tickets or glanced at the forums.

No, it can't be that Steinberg are so unprofessional so to speak that they (or their operating supplier responsible for the operations of the systems/servers/infrastructure) doesn't monitor the license system during evenings or weekends when they have sales all over world in all timezones.

Ok, but at least they must be monitoring the system during normal business days?? Today is a normal business day. Why then is there not any message on the webbsite about the incident?

This is very strange indeed.
Joppe

Postby DjRavix » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:13 pm

Joppe wrote:"Because of the Christmas holidays, there is no telephone support available from December 23rd to January 3rd 2014. The regular support will be available again on January 6th, 2014"

Ok, no telephone support for us customers until 6/1, but it seems odd that all of the staff is on vacation to 3/12. Today I guess it is a normal business day in most countrys, some of the staff at Steinberg should be at work. I then find it strange that they not have noticed the support tickets or glanced at the forums.

No, it can't be that Steinberg are so unprofessional so to speak that they (or their operating supplier responsible for the operations of the systems/servers/infrastructure) doesn't monitor the license system during evenings or weekends when they have sales all over world in all timezones.

Ok, but at least they must be monitoring the system during normal business days?? Today is a normal business day. Why then is there not any message on the webbsite about the incident?

This is very strange indeed.

I Agree
It's also strange that it seems to be down for maintenance without it being announced
But that would mean that they are aware about it
and what about Secondary or Backup servers
Shouldn't those kick in at times like this ???
PC Related Hardware:
Audio Related Hardware:
828MK3,61SL MKII,Virus A,Ultra Nova,AirFX,Perception 200,Se Reflexion Filter,iNano,KRK RP8
Audio Related Software:
Cubase 7.5,HSO,Grand3,HALion5,Korg LCAE,Predator,SBB,RP-Verb/Delay/Distort,FF Bundle,Inflator,Sylenth1,Z3TA+2,Various Sample Packs
DjRavix

Postby Gr8h8m » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:40 pm

still down!
Gr8h8m

Postby d-_-b » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:45 pm

DjRavix wrote:Currently I am starting to see A German swastika Logo within various steinberg product logos ... :shock:

Very out of order and highly insulting . Your lucky I don't own Steinberg ,id strip you of your licence and ban you and your ips for life !
Win 7-64 bit | Rme| Cubase Latest version 64 bit | CMC's | Halion 5
d-_-b

Postby gerol80 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:48 pm

d-_-b wrote:Very out of order and highly insulting . Your lucky I don't own Steinberg ,id strip you of your licence and ban you and your ips for life !

I couldn't agree more!
gerol80

Postby G-string » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:51 pm

Look I feel your pain but im sure it's only a matter of time before the elicencer is up and running again but comments like DjRavis is going to far insinuating swastika logo's .......... leave it out mate we are in 2013 .
I7 3770k - win7 64 bit - C7.5.20 - WL8e - Halion 5 - Padshop pro - Cmc - Midex 8 - Uad - Rme FF/ADi8pro - Automap 4.7.3 b
G-string

Postby tex viler » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Im sure he was joking, but still, this is so unprofesional of them..
tex viler

Postby DjRavix » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:05 pm

G-string wrote:Look I feel your pain but im sure it's only a matter of time before the elicencer is up and running again but comments like DjRavis is going to far insinuating swastika logo's .......... leave it out mate we are in 2013 .

yeah it might be a bit rough ... (I Really should stop looking at the Cubase Icon on my desktop for now)
But at least you guys know that If it gets removed that somebody from steinberg is available and reading this
PC Related Hardware:
Audio Related Hardware:
Audio Related Software:
DjRavix

Postby grahamteeling » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:27 pm

I have been having the same problem for 2.5 days now.
This is ridiculous. All they need to do is provide a good server for us over the christmas. all the customer service lines are out for the holidays and it just sucks!!

I just purchased Arturia's V Collection which requires elicenser to fully complete the activation and im stumped sitting here for days waiting and waiting. I just want to make music, not waste my time with no answers,no solutions. BRRR!

I ran a maintenance on elicenser and here is what im getting...

The 'Online Synchronization & Maintenance' procedure finished. Some problems occurred. Details are listed below.

Step 1: FAILED (Updating eLicenser License Database)
Step 2: OK (Repairing Soft-eLicenser)
Step 3: OK (Validating License Usage Periods)
Step 4: OK (Cleaning up eLicenser Memory)
Step 5: FAILED (Recovering License Transactions)
Step 6: FAILED (Sending eLicenser Information)

Any answers Steinberg???
grahamteeling

Postby Joppe » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Perhaps Steinberg is thinking that you always can use the trials, then you can live without the license system for 30 days. But that's not true. In the update to 7.5 (wich I downloaded) there are no trial mode... Then you have to install the complete 7.5 and mess up your computer totally...that is not an option.

No, this doesn't make sense.

Perhaps sh*t has hit the fan - the license system has a logical error wich means the system and/or databases are corrupt, and the last backup doesn't work. :shock:
Joppe

PreviousNext

Return to General