eLicenser server is down

Im sure he was joking, but still, this is so unprofesional of them…

yeah it might be a bit rough … (I Really should stop looking at the Cubase Icon on my desktop for now)
But at least you guys know that If it gets removed that somebody from steinberg is available and reading this

I have been having the same problem for 2.5 days now.
This is ridiculous. All they need to do is provide a good server for us over the christmas. all the customer service lines are out for the holidays and it just sucks!!

I just purchased Arturia’s V Collection which requires elicenser to fully complete the activation and im stumped sitting here for days waiting and waiting. I just want to make music, not waste my time with no answers,no solutions. BRRR!

I ran a maintenance on elicenser and here is what im getting…

The ‘Online Synchronization & Maintenance’ procedure finished. Some problems occurred. Details are listed below.

Step 1: FAILED (Updating eLicenser License Database)
Step 2: OK (Repairing Soft-eLicenser)
Step 3: OK (Validating License Usage Periods)
Step 4: OK (Cleaning up eLicenser Memory)
Step 5: FAILED (Recovering License Transactions)
Step 6: FAILED (Sending eLicenser Information)

Any answers Steinberg???

Perhaps Steinberg is thinking that you always can use the trials, then you can live without the license system for 30 days. But that’s not true. In the update to 7.5 (wich I downloaded) there are no trial mode… Then you have to install the complete 7.5 and mess up your computer totally…that is not an option.

No, this doesn’t make sense.

Perhaps sh*t has hit the fan - the license system has a logical error wich means the system and/or databases are corrupt, and the last backup doesn’t work. :open_mouth:

Thanks guys! Good to know I am not the only one with those probs. Spent hours yesterday to find the Errors on my end…

Looks the same for me. I think all steps that require a connection to the license server fail.

I was trying to run a demo of some software that is on offer over Christmas, looks like the offer will be over before I can get the demo software to run.

I wonder if other companies who use the elicenser can claim compensation from Steinberg for ruining their Christmas promotions.

Still having the same problem as of a couple of minutes ago. :frowning:

I cant believe that there is apsolutely no chance that we find out what is the problem and when will it be solved. I have never seen anything like this. Im furious.

I’ve just had an email response back from Customer Service AskNet AG

“I am very sorry but I´am unable to sort this out directly as I´am not having access to the systems of Steinberg.

That´s the reason why we did forward the issue to Steinberg directly.

A view minutes ago I was informed, that they got problems with their licence service which they will fix as soon as possible.

Please give it a try by the end of the day.

Thanks in advance for your patience as well as understanding.”

Trial versions need demo licenses which have to be put on your dongle just the same. You would end up here again.

Thank you for letting us know that they know, but I’m not sure if they know we know they know.

Been around here for a while now and not seen this happen before with Steinberg.
Sure there’s been some downtime every now and then, but not this long and always with a swift response from Steinberg that they are on the case.
I guess it’s just bad timing.

I hope you all get your new software registered asap, I know I would be upset if I couldn’t use my new toys!

Thanks for letting us now. Would be really nice to read this on any official website (Steinberg, eLicenser, whatever …).

Hell even a tweet would do!

Same problem here, very disappointing it still hasn’t been solved.

Got a Response from the Vengeance Forum from Manuel Himself

I would expect this too in 2014. I dont think its maintenance any more. A service on the server hung up or maybe something else
We are very angry about this. The Steinberg staff is just not there (holiday), this just not acceptable

they just deleted the forum topic, where several dozens of customers complained
Steinberg Forums

Steinberg is even Deleting Topics About this
I Think I am going to look at the Cubase Logo again

Hello - just to let you all know> it’s now up and running again!
Thanks Steiny for putting a coin in the meter

I can confirm that. Worked for me too! :smiley:

Unfortunately, our license server was unavailable since Sunday, December 29. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your understanding and your patience.