Mac-osx to win7-64 bit migration

Yep. +1 from me too on that.

Again, “dude”, you’re building a silly straw man. I couldn’t care less what you use, but I won’t let you spread falsehoods here like you did when you repeatedly claimed that windows systems do not work out of the box as audio machines and need heavy tweaking. Or when you hint that windows machines crash all the time (it’s a classic Apple fanboy claim to state that windows 8 goes blue screen all the time. Never mind that W8 no longer has a blue screen…)

I don’t know why you don’t have any respect for anyone who doesn’t share your POV.

Again, another lie. I’m perfectly OK with different opinions, but I don’t have any respect for liars who keep posting lies and the only way they can debate me is by slandering me.

That’s the power of the Apple cult. Apple can even bankrupt their fanboys (and they literally did that), but they will keep sticking with it, even to their own detriment. Reminds me of millions of not-exactly-rich people who keep voting for a certain party that only favors the super-rich… Masochism?

I couldn’t care less about a silly Mac/Windows fanboyism on either side.

I’m platform neutral. I used mac for 20+ years and then I switched to windows. If linux offered me a better deal, I’d switch to linux in a nanosecond. I have absolutely no allegiance to MS, or to any greedy megacorporation. But to the Apple cult, there is no such thing as neutral. You’re either with them or you instantly become their worst enemy the second you state that maybe mac is no longer the way to go today.

Papi, with all due respect, that’s just an insane statement that has no bearing with reality of most of the pros I know who use Macs. It doesn’t do you justice to make such asinine statements. Most of those pros simply want to get a job done, they have families, they have bills, they have lives, and they don’t give a flying @#$% about Mac vs Windows. And they are doing just fine professionally, thank you very much. The ones I know make videos, films, art, games and yes, music, and don’t ever bother with forums. The time they save by not reading threads like this is used to make more films and music. They use computers that you might laugh at and insult for one trite reason or another: Gee, they spent too much money! Gee, my computer can do 50% more plugins! Gee, they are _____! – etc… fill in your old tired insult here.

Yes, there is a cult out there, it’s way smaller than you think, and everyone I know who uses Macs isn’t part of it, we don’t care, it doesn’t matter. And while you’re calling people out on cults, you may want to re-evaluate the guy staring at you in the mirror about why you feel the need to vent so much on this topic. Why don’t you just go do what you’re probably much more talented at, and make music? Isn’t it enough that we all share the same DAW app to be digging at a bunch of people who simply prefer one platform over another? And those guys are not going to bother with responding here in this forum, so it’s easy to cast stones at them.

I’m simply wasting my time responding because I used to be on the other side, and I’m sick and tired of people characterizing Mac people as cultists. It’s simply ignorant and frankly trite. I’m sure you are capable of recognizing that some people are just not like you and have different preferences in life – that doesn’t make them smarter or dumber or better or worse than you. Surely, there are more important things to intelligently criticize people about, like politics, but you irrationally tied politics to Mac-fanboyism and has no place in this forum. Seriously, your posts are making me re-evaluate how I look at your other posts in this forum, that I normally look at with respect for your intelligence.

And honestly, I’m so sick of reading these types of threads, I’m checking out of this thread. Watching cute kitten videos on YouTube is more worthwhile at this point.

You know what’s funny uarte, your venomous reaction actually just proved my point. You simply cannot debate me as to why the mac is allegedly “indispensable” and “irreplaceable”, all you can do is attack me personally. Which, once again, proves my point.

P.S. quite frankly, I couldn’t care less about what you think of me.

Hi!

I haven’t had time to read all…

But you all seem to miss the biggest point here regarding performance. I just wonder why all MACs and OSX performance always sucks so BIG TIME? :unamused:

It doesn’t matter that new apple MAC PRO 2013 has 12 core or 24 cores or what ever, it will still run slower and get run over with simple I7 4core machine with Windows. Its a shame, all the component are like a monster machine but APPLE and OSX just don’t make it right. You all know that right?

So comparing physical hardware’s will not cut it. :wink:
But like someone said here already that were a user, “you don’t buy MAC for its capacity”.

Best Regards
Freddie

I’m totally with you, we’ll said. No one is slandering Windows here, I never did. Windows has crashed on me over the past 20 years, but who’s system hasn’t?? I never once said I get blue screens (someone is imagining things). Win 7 has been good to me. Like you said, it doesn’t matter how we get the job done, as long as it works and gets the bills paid. Certain people don’t like to hear that Mac works for us, but that’s their problem.

Pretty incredible how you’re starting to actually believe your own lies. Like I said many times, I couldn’t care less what you use, but when you make the claim that windows doesn’t work for audio out-of-the-box and that it needs heavy tweaking (and you have REPEATEDLY made that claim here), you’re flat out lying. And yes, by doing that you’re gratuitously trashing windows (imagine if I actually said that about the mac… You and your fellow fanboys would crucify me.)

I just called you on that, that’s what I’m “guilty” of, the rest is your silly fabrications and straw men. But since you’re intellectually dishonest and you can’t debate me, all you can do is try to slander me with your falsehoods on what I allegedly said.

You all know what “X” in OSX stands for , right?

You have been X’ d! :mrgreen:

I couldn’t resist…Happy new year everyone! :smiley:

Best Regards
Freddie

Happy New Year to you as well!

Papi: for the sake of ending this BS, I retract my “tweaking” statement. If someone wants to load their Windows OS of choice, followed by the DAW of their choice without a single tweak, go nuts. Leave all of the indexing running, power save options on, user account control, anti virus, useless startup programs, etc, and have fun. Even worse, open up your new Windows 8 PC from BestBuy (or another big box store) and leave all of the garbage programs running without removing, disabling or modifying anything. Go nuts! :laughing: And let me know how that goes for you…

All that aside, if a Windows dedicated DAW computer is clean and properly tuned (or tweaked as I call it), you have a solid machine for Cubase.

And if anyone has any tweaking tips for Mac, I’m all ears. I don’t doubt there are things I can do to improve performance in Mavericks.

Cheers!

Happy new year to you, too, and all! All unfortunate to be reading this thread. We, the mangy, disheveled, misfit, caffeine-wired, platform-debating, hunkered over our computers when we should be out, music computer nerds. :laughing:

My New Year’s wish is that this thread stay in 2013. :laughing:

Boot Camp?

Oooowwww, BOOM. :laughing:

Sorry, couldn’t resist and am totally kidding.

There’s nothing you can do to improve a mac. That was actually one of my points all along. You cannot tweak a mac because Apple won’t let you. And that doesn’t mean that windows won’t work unless tweaked, it means that you can squeeze EXTRA performance out of a windows machine but you cannot get anything more than what a mac comes with. And that’s because their philosophy is that their users are morons who can do serious damage if allowed to tweak, and therefore they should be kept on a short leash and guided like little children. That’s why you can’t even overclock a mac.

As for your silly rant about Best Buy, you’re once again comparing apples to oranges. Those are CHEAP machines that only a fool would use for pro audio. It’s obvious that you don’t know much about computers, and every one of your posts confirms it. Buy a BUSINESS PC and I can assure you that it will come with absolutely ZERO bloatware. Or, even better, build your own with way better components than the mediocre stuff that Apple overcharged you for.

Now THAT is the most idiotic thing I’ve heard so far in 2014! :laughing:

And I’m sure there’s a few forum members that use “consumer grade machines” for pro audio, so I’d be a little more respectful…they are not idiots.

As usual, the only thing you can do to debate me is insulting me. And, as usual, you can’t go beyond an insult and actually explain your position. Because you don’t have one.

Oh, and as for your usual lie and twisting of what I said, let me repeat it:

“Those are CHEAP machines that only a fool would use for pro audio.”

Have you notice the adjective “pro”? I never ever said that people who buy consumer-grade computers are idiots. That was your usual lie.

Lastly, let’s not forget that your precious macbook is a consumer-grade machine that would never ever pass military standard testing, like most business laptops do. Incidentally, no serious film composer would work on a laptop, except when out of the studio.

I’m a serious film composer. I don’t score blockbusters, but earn a healthy living. What exactly do you mean by that statement? I’m curious, as is the production house I work with.

Funny, because you dropped some names before, and yet you don’t have a clue what they use every day. Here’s a hint: none of the people you quoted use laptops to make soundtracks, unless they’re sketching ideas in a hotel room.

Just to pile on - recent Mac OS X to Win 7 convert here. Actually running Win 7 off my 2009 Mac Pro…the performance and stability gains using Kontakt / VSL / Cubase are staggering. Of course people not doing the HEAVY sample work I am probably won’t notice these kinds of increases.

Yes, that’s an EXCELLENT point. Those who claim there is no difference in Cubase performance (but also Kontakt, VSL, VEP etc.) between mac and windows clearly don’t have high requirements and they honestly see little to no difference in their projects. That, however, does not authorize them to treat anyone who tells the factual truth like a monster or a liar. But then again, to some people criticizing Apple is like trying to kidnap their children…

Well, I’m actual bit curious to hear what tweaks can be made on a MAC other then “Boot camp”?
:unamused:

Best Regards
Freddie

+1

Yes it might be true, but anyway…

Let them use MAC if they want to, “Papi”. Let people come up with their own conclusion instead trying to crusade all about it. I don’t really understand the point about debating about this? :unamused:
We all know already that Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 are the best choice when it comes to working with audio, DAW, multimedia, customization, performance and graphic rendering.

Honestly, I don’t think the MAC users even care, Papi. Its not because of that they choose MAC and APPLE.
Still, if you need to work with LOGIC PRO then MAC are still the obvious choice to make.

Best Regards
Freddie