VST Connect & VST Connect SE - Solution Thread

Can I get a refund on Connect Pro? If I would have been aware of the massive amount of issues I would not have purchased it today. I love Cubase and just upgraded to 7.5 but in regards to ‘Connect Pro’ …I feel like I just bought something broken.

Can you let us know what the problem is? I take you cannot connect? I have personally had several successful connections to the US (from Germany).

The Performer application tries to set the performers’ hardware to the desired sample rate via ASIO commands. Some devices cannot change the rate by software, but if you matched the Performer rate on the plugin side it should work. I have a friend with a Roland interface with a switch to set the rate and it refuses to react to software commands so I have to ask him to use the switch…so the VST Connect plugin sends its rate to the Performer application which tries to set the rate. The hardware control panel can only be brought up by your partner, it can not be remote controlled. The USB mic probably has a fixed rate that cannot be changed at all?

Thank you for your reply. I have faith it will work. I am new to the forum and engineering in general.

Dear Steinberg!

Can you please make a OPTION to disable the “VST CONNECT CUE” warning message?

It says that it need to be inserted into an audio channel. I know that thank you, and every time I open the plugin “daily” it keeps saying this message every time so I need to press “OK” to get rid of the message.

By the way…TIPS OF THE DAY! :bulb:

I don’t know if you have come up with this yet but I insert it on one of the “control rooms” “Cue-mixes” as a insert instead. Much better then audio track. :wink:
I then just press the “Mix” button on the specific “CUEMIX” in “control-room” to send the whole mix to the “VST CONNECT CUE” audio stream. Works perfect so you don’t need necessary to insert it on a “AUDIO track” as you state in the manual!

The best thing is if the plugin can recognize that its okay to insert “VST CONNECT CUE” on one of the “CUEMIX”'s in the “control room” section.
That would be even better. :wink:

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Best Regards
Freddie

only saw this now…
a) you keep saying the warning states that the VST Connect Cuemix plug should be inserted in an AUDIO channel. That’s not true, it is to be inserted into a GROUP channel where you send the cuemix (headphone monitor mix) for the Performer, using sends.
b) yes, this is exactly what the Control Room Cuemix is meant to do, but unfortunately that channel does not compensate for the delay which is needed for synchronous recording with VST Connect. That is why it must be used with the “To Performer” Group channel instead. We are working on making it work with the Control Room Mixer because that would eliminate some routing complexity but it’s a bit tricky :slight_smile:
c) for just reviewing mixes, one can indeed insert the cuemix plug in the Control Room cuemix channel or even the Master output. As said, no synchrounous recording works then but if that is not of concern because the Performer side just wants to listen to the mix, for instance, it makes sense. We’ll add an option to surpress the warning messge for such scenarios.

Thank you! :smiley:

Yes, I using it daily to reviewing projects.

Best Regards
Freddie

i keep getting ripping sounds … and drop outs non stop … even tho the other guy and i can Skype with video and do it with out a single drop out… but yet turn off Skype connect up Vst connect and theres dropouts non freaking stop in the recorded material coming in my daw…

uggg

Hello abyss!
How much up-/downstream do you have?
Did you adjust your upstream settings to that?
Have you tried to either switch off ASIO-Guard in Cubases preferences or use a higher “Remote Delay Seconds” value? Or both?
How much CPU-Usage do you see during recording (on both sides)?

Hi,

Any news on getting studiopass to work on android devices ? :slight_smile:

Someone did start something somewhere but I can’t find it now :frowning:

edit: found this
It’s not overly active but I guess it’s a start.

i know this is an older thread but … as far as 2 computers on the same network (same studio - 2 rooms lets say) … VST connect Pro will allow you to do this … it worked for me in the Demo … cheers john

maybe someone already posted this but i just could not read through 9 pages of posts …

Only the PRO version allows for this.

Were you trying to connect via the internet, rather than local (192.168.x.x)?

Routers usually block connections via the internet between local computers. You may be able to change a setting on it to enable such connections.

This is usually an issue with webcams as well.

You cannot connect using a local IP. The PRO version will show an extra button in the Performer app when Cubase/Nuendo has started a VST Connect PRO instance. Only clicking this allows for local connections.

WTF! That is absurd, because it locks out a whole usage scenario, namely that of your average DAW user being able to use another room from the mixing area for the performers, without having to have a glass window between them, which of course is impossible for renters.

I would have thought that SB would have at least been viewing the Studio Pics forum thread where many Cubase users have very little room, so that if they wanted to bring other people in, they would have to use another room to accommodate them, thus requiring a real-time low-latency communication+audio facility.

Am I the only one who thinks that SB had a big pair of blinkers on when they designed this facility?

musicullum already wrote that this scenario is a feature of the VST Connect PRO version.
With it, you can connect in your local network.

But how long after it was first available, and why only for the PRO version, when it is a trivial difference?

it works with the PRO version so it’s not “locked out”.

Don’t you think it is a bit absurd that you can use it to record around the world for free, but you have to pay to use it in the room next door?