Macro for bouncing without any processing from the main-outs

Hi. I have made macros for bouncing the selected part without any processing from the main output. It’s actually an updated version of a macro I had found on the internet a long time ago. I found myself using it a lot lately, so I had to share it.

There are two versions. The second version also mutes the part that’s bounced. And that needs 3 project logical presets to be made.

To use it, firstly you must adjust the settings in your export window. Select main outs. “Import into project” and “Close after export” must be selected. Also give a name like “bounce” or anything, and click that arrow on the right, and select “auto update name”. Actually, these are pretty basic settings.

Select the track and the part you want to bounce and fire the macro. :sunglasses:

Here is the recipe :

Mixer - Bypass: Channel Strip on Main Mix
Mixer - Bypass: EQs on Main Mix
Mixer - Bypass: Inserts on Main Mix
Edit - Solo
Transport - Locators to Selection
File - Export Audio Mixdown
Audio Export - Sync Channel Selection with MixConsole
Audio Export - Increase Counter Start Value
Audio Export - Perform Audio Export
Navigate - Bottom
Edit - Deactivate All Solo States
Navigate - Up
Navigate - Bottom
Edit - Select None

And the advanced (!) version which mutes the bounced part also :smiley:

Make three presets with the Project Logical Editor. (Attached screenshots) Beware that the 3rd one, named “select_bounced” has the setting below “Function = Select”.

(EDIT: The next message has the links to these presets)

Having made these, here is the recipe to the macro:

Process Project Logical Editor - rename_as_bounced
Edit - Solo
Transport - Locators to Selection
File - Export Audio Mixdown
Audio Export - Sync Channel Selection with MixConsole
Audio Export - Increase Counter Start Value
Audio Export - Perform Audio Export
Navigate - Bottom
Edit - Deactivate All Solo States
Navigate - Up
Navigate - Bottom
Edit - Select None
Process Project Logical Editor - select_bounced
Edit - Mute Events
Process Project Logical Editor - rename_bounced_as_x

Here is the link to the presets above :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16182019/bnc_macro_files.rar

You must extract to : (This is for windows. For mac, I have no idea.)
C:\Users*****\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 7_64\Presets\Project Logical Editor

Just a bit of a nudge, but if you use the built-in zip utility in Windows, more people can use your macro right out of box, so to speak. (Right click File or Folder > “Send to” > “Compressed (zipped) folder”.)

If the forum don’t accept .ZIP files, just rename it to .PIZ (that usually works for me).

I cannot remember if this works in XP, but Windows 7 and 8 has it built right in. :slight_smile:

There you go.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16182019/bnc_macro_files.zip

:wink:

I did not suceed muting the selected event object with this recipe. I had to add a macro (with just mute object events) in one of the PLE Insctructions to make it suceed. Do you mind tellling me where is the instruction to mute the event? at least for me to learn a bit.

Thank you

Thanks estrica2000. I edited that post to include the mute command. While typing the macro to the post, I skipped that part somehow. (And it’s strange that for such a useful macro, you seem to be the only one that has tried it)

I’d like Steinberg to chime in and say if they will or will not implement bounce in place in cubase 8.

As long as Cubase reimports the exported track at the bottom of the project window it’s going to be cumbersome to use the “export audio” option for the matter.