Mac-osx to win7-64 bit migration

uarte, forget about the rantings of religious fanatics like papi61. They are impossible to convince. No matter what arguments are put forth. The best way to deal with them is if everyone chose to ignore them. They thrive on siring up controversy, and have no interest what so ever to contribute anything valuable.

It was nice to finally see someone putting forth a sensible argument regarding the “platform war”. I agree with just about everything you said. I do believe you are wrong in one case though:

This is definitely untrue. Case in point, I recently did a series of test regarding the excruciatingly long loading times of projects with lots of VSTi’s and mushrooming file sizes when saving, in CB7.5. All the reports were from Windows users and when I did the tests on my Mac, I got the flowing results.
Loading times:
The loading times are same on Windows and OSX. Neither performs better than the other.
File sizes:
The file sizes doubled. Nowhere near the 10x+ mushrooming reported by several Windows users. So, with this test OSX performed better than Windows.

This doesn’t say that much in the whole scheme of things. If you were to make a thousand tests, you’d find that Windows outperforms OSX in some and that OSX outperforms Windows in others. None of this matter anyway.

The only thing that matters is how fast and easy you can work, and that has very little to with numbers and everything to do with what you feel comfortable using! Personally, if I’m forced to work in Windows, a task can take 3 to 4 (or even longer) times to perform compared to when I’m working in OSX. When I working in OSX, I feel that I’m working with the computer and in Windows, against the computer. That is simply because I’m used to OSX. I have friends that have the opposite view, but we still get along just fine.

So, to all you fanatics out there: Use the platform you feel comfortable with and don’t bother your pretty little heads about what others are using. That’s none of your business!

Why waste time ranting about something so useless, when you could use the time to make some good music instead. Or have you bought Cubase/Nuendo/WaveLab for some other reason?