Mac-osx to win7-64 bit migration

@Svenne – Normally I’d agree with you about the whole idea of not responding, but I really wanted to take a stab at communicating with Papi again, and try to understanding him and see if he could see my point of view, as futile as that may be. I still hold out hope that he and I can actually understand each other, although I’ll admit the chances are rather low.

As for wasting time responding, I did “check out” of this thread once already, and when I came back to the forum to catch up on news, I really, genuinely wanted to give it another good effort, without any name-calling. Yes, I could have spent my time doing something more productive and part of me is a little embarrassed for participating in this spectacle of a thread.

Anyway, re: your comments about performance, there are a lot of metrics we can look at to see what platform performs better, and I’ll admit, I never looked at loading times. That something to think about. Re: DSP benchmark, i.e.: total plugin load, etc., I refer to DAWbench to help clarify, and I use a cross-platform test project with FabFilter plugins and other goodies. Windows always comes out on top for me… but not by that much that it really makes a difference in day-to-day business. So to me, it truly boils down to that day-in day-out workflow and personal preference issue and just plain getting the job done… and for that, I prefer using Macs… So in that most important area of personal preference and workflow, I’m sure we completely agree.