Audio Export Mixdown [Issue]

Okay, Here it is. I’m happy the way my project (song) sounds and I’ve decided to export audio mixdown using the batch export button. Need to further check latency’s that vsti/audio introduced that was not visible to check. Export all tracks, groups, and fx channels, and uncheck the master out to not be included in the export. (monomix,l/r and split options are disabled)
Can someone please tell me why no insert fx were included in each exported track and why all the tracks sound like there in Mono? Am I missing something? Thx.

BTW. C6.5 works as expected. 7.06 has the same problem as 7.5 :cry:

After going crazy :angry: , I sorta found a way that it works :slight_smile: Instead of creating a new project, let them remain in the same project and remove old tracks and audio no longer used in the pool and then save as a new… :smiley:

Please can someone test to see if all effects are added when doing a batch export to new project. I wonder does win 8.1 x64 have anything to do with it :question:

OK…the question (or your own answer) isn’t quite making sense after your 2nd post, but I’ll try to clarify a few things with export.

Using batch export you output each ticked track or group or fx channel post fader level and post any insert effects on that track. Only track effects will be included in track exports but both track and group inserts will be included in group outs.

It is up to you to select “mono downmix” in the export dialogue if you want mono tracks otherwise all tracks will be stereo (but mono tracks will of course be the same both channels so still sound mono). If you have a mix of mono and stereo tracks either export all as stereo or run export twice for the two types.

If you have group channels & you export both the groups and the individual tracks assigned to them you will have duplication…choose one or the other.

Any effects on the master buss will not be included unless you specifically export the stereo out and this will be a full mix.

If anything else is happening then you are using the wrong settings or your system has an issue.

Instead of creating a new project, let them remain in the same project and remove old tracks and audio no longer used in the pool and then save as a new…

This is the confusing part…it makes no difference what you do with them after export…if the export process is exactly the same, the files will be the same.

Please can someone test to see if all effects are added when doing a batch export to new project.

There is no way to do a batch export directly to a new project…if you batch export and then create a new project insert effects will be included as per the above info.

Thanks for the response! Sorry for the confusion. If I batch export, and send tracks to create new project with having the effects and all on the bounce, no effects are added on the files and it sounds like it’s in mono (everytrack). Here’s an example: I have one track that has the auto panner on. When this file gets batch exported, the new file sounds like no panner is even active. If i don’t let it create to a new project the file exports proper inside of the same project. Doing the same process in 6.5 works like expected. So CB7 and 7.5 does not work as expected. My second post is a workaround to get the desired result.

When this file gets batch exported, the new file sounds like no panner is even active.

So just to confirm:

Is this a mono or stereo track in your original project?
The pan is inserted on the track itself and not on a group or the master?
Is the panner in one of the pre fader insert slots?
When you are exporting you have unticked the box “mono downmix”
The exported file is definitely 2 channesl…you can see both sides of it in the waveform view if you import to a new project?

Stereo track in original project.
The Panner is in the first insert slot on that track itself.
No pre-fader going on.
As I stated in my first post mono down mix and all others are unticked(disabled)
The file exports to a 32bit 44k wave file that says stereo, but no panner plugin is applied and the stereo file looks like both sides are identical. Shouldn’t the file look like a LFO waveform (sine wave) tremolo effect if the panner was doing that originally?
If I don’t create to a new project and let the files bounce back into the original project, the auto pannered bounce file sounds correct…

Shouldn’t the file look like a LFO waveform (sine wave) tremolo effect if the panner was doing that originally?

Well yes, of course…it just worries me that you’re asking that when you say

If I don’t create to a new project and let the files bounce back into the original project, the auto pannered bounce file sounds correct…

So you can already see for yourself exactly how it looks when bounced correctly in that project…no??

But anyhow it sounds like you are doing everything the same so I’m pretty much stumped…I can’t test autopan export right now. will give it a go when I’m home…it just seems rather odd that the export files would be any different just because you import them back into the same project.

Okay, so I’ve been further investigating and come to this conclusion. There seems to be a bug wit this on win 8.1 x64. Let me explain.

So I ran a batch export again, create to new project and of course it’s not sounding right. :laughing: I quit Cubase and go to the folder where the files exported to and played back a few of the files in VLC player and sure enough the files play as intended. So I load Cubase again and create a blank empty project and import all files from that export to the project and Bam! Sounds wonderful! So for some reason, Export Audio Mixdown + Create new Project (checkbox) is broken.
I’ve done this normally with no problems with CB6.5, but 7.06 and 7.5 drove me to find this out.

Finally had a chance to check this myself and have exactly the same behaviour.

The problem is that when using the “Create New Project” tickbox any stereo files are inserted on mono tracks.

As you say importing into a new project works fine as does deleting the events in that project and dragging them back into the new project from the pool. It’s just the initial mono/stereo recognition on import that is failing.

Exactly! Thanks Grim! Glad to see I’m not going crazy :wink: Hope this gets sorted out…