Steinberg - Please fire your website designers

+1

And you wanna talk about a messed up forum, find a time machine, jump in it, strap yourself down, hold on tight & and go back to within the last 12 months or so over at the Cakewalk forums.

Boy oh boy what a freakin’ mess that was and it took the better part of this last year to finally fix it.
I’m talkin’ about double & triple posts, strike-through lines crossing out sections of your post - but only certain sections - and only sometimes.

Others not being able to post at all, etc. etc.

When I bought Cubase this summer, I was relieved to be back on a working, fully functional forum after dealing with that mess for a year or so.

If Cakewalk, a ‘software-selling’ company, let that forum software debacle go on for a year, despite countless complaints, and yet still kept on using that web design group, firing anyone here seems far too harsh, don’t you think?

I mean - think about perspective customers who joined their forums and what their first impressions must have been.
Surely some of them would have thought, “Gee, do I really want to purchase this software when they [or whomever they’ve hired] can’t even get their forums right?”

So I see no need to rock this boat after that one damn near sunk!

And some guy joins this forum, posts one time and his first suggestion is to have people fired here?

The nerve!
The audacity!

And just who is this guy anyway?

Someone from Protools or Logic or Reaper or something?

With all due respect, shouldn’t he be the one to be ‘let go’?