Android version - coming soon!

If a channel has a active cue send, it shows up in Ic pro. All 4 cue mixes are there, the interface gives a choice- you can look at either the cue mixes, or the channel faders, one or the other.

I copied this from the manual:

On the MixConsole page, you can control the most important
MixConsole parameters in your Steinberg DAW or control individual
cue mixes.
In Cubase iC Pro, you can access the cue mixes that you set up using
the Control Room in your Steinberg DAW. That way, the artists can
adjust the levels of their independent headphone mixes directly from the
recording room, while the main mix remains unaffected. The cue mixes
in Cubase iC Pro directly correspond to the four cue channels in your
Steinberg DAW.
NOTE
The cue mix function is directly linked to the Control Room. Therefore it
is only available in the full version of Cubase.

Ah … great !

So … where’s that Android app ???
What’s taking so long ???
:wink:

We’re happily approaching ONE YEAR of “coming soon”…

Maybe it will be a nice little Christmas gift…

Thanks Crohde

Will you make sure it is also available via the Amazon App Store for us Kindle Users? We cant use Google play without rooting (which blows the old warranty!)

That’s great news! I’ve been waiting for this!

For this you can use “Yandex“ :wink:

+1 for the Kindle version!

I think Steinberg needs to reconsider the meaning of the word “soon”. No, it does not mean “some point in time in the future”, it means “some point in time in the close future”.

3 months, for example, doesn’t qualify “soon”.

I kind of aggree with you that everyone following this thread don’t find it soon enough! But “soon” is relative to the context and the anticipation of the person saying it. “close future” in your definition doesn’t have any time reference… a year to go out of a century might be considered a close future!!!

But C’mon Steinberg… at least tell us in how many years soon will be there!

Lots of people I know are buying the new Windows 8.1 tablets (I mean full Windows, not sucky RT) and then running their favorite DAW’s on them while on the go, instead of having to compromise with the kind of “toy” DAW’s offered as “apps” on iPad and Android. The irony being that by the time Steinberg is ready to release an Android version of iCPro, most people (at least in music) will have probably moved to Win 8.1. (does that mean it’ll take them another year to release a Windows version?)

I bought a Dell Venue 8 Pro, as small as an iPad Mini, but it runs Cubase, Sonar, Ableton… heck even ProTools… Try that on iOS and Android… My Android tablets (I have a 7" and a 10") aren’t getting much attention lately.

In the world of technology, soon means “yesterday” and one year is a like a century.

Almost a year since the first post claiming “soon”…

I just became very interested in this as I’m sick of iPhones and Apple and am seriously considering Samsung for an upgrade I will be eligible for in just a few days.

YIKES!

It certainly takes a lot of time…

I understand it is a bit more trouble to create an application that runs on a more diverse platform, but I cannot imagine it is that extremely difficult. The TouchDaw app is also running fine here (yes I know it is a lot more limited, but it works), so it is absolutely not impossible to get things going on Android.

I am certainly not buying an Apple device, only to run iC Pro. That would be insane. I have an nice Android tablet, and would like to use it. I am not that charmed about Windows tablets to be honest, so there is still an need for this app.

I only hope “soon” will not take another year…

+1

Just gonna throw myself on the wave here and ask if there is any news on this, especially seeing that Android is dominating the mobile market now with over 81% of the market share world wide (as of nov 2013).

Somewhat relevant question, I have a Blackberry Z10 (from work), which you can “side-load” many Android apps on to… anyone tried that with TouchDAW by any chance? I’d be wanting to do this with the Steiny app when its ready too.

Thx

When when when if if if maybe maybe maybe. Is there anyone out there? Come in number 22 your time is up. ???