All Of Space: Systole (acoustic song)

Hey thanks so much for all the feedback guys, greatly appreciated.

Jonathan5456 - thanks for the detailed reply! I didn’t do tons to the vocal - the main thing I did was two separate lead vocals panned hard left and right. I was inspired by Alesund by Sun Kil Moon for that (Sun Kil Moon - Alesund - YouTube - absurdly beautiful song). There’s also a lightly tuned vocal blended in underneath to give a slight doubling effect.

I think you’re right about the dynamics of my playing - I’m not a great guitarist and this song was really at the limit of what I can play. Ultimately I was just happy to get relatively clean takes. A better guitarist could undoubtedly bring more out in terms of expression.

The outro part is interesting because I used a click but wanted the song to slow down as it faded out - so at every point where there’s that thunk on the low E the tempo drops by about 6bpm. So the next section does come in on time, but it’s maybe not where you’d expect it because the tempo has dropped.

Anyway thanks again for all the kind words, this is an important song to me so it’s great to hear and genuinely appreciated.