Change Plug-In Category

Apologies if this has been covered, but I couldn’t find a definitive thread in the ‘search’ option.

Is there a safe way to change the ‘category’ of installed plugins? Would be great to organize all my various plugs and jbridged plugs in the folders they belong too - i.e., dynamics, mastering, eq etc…

One would think it’s in ‘Plug-In Information’…

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
S

For VST2 instruments yes. Go to the folder where you installed Cubase, in that folder is a folder called VSTPlugins. That folder has the same layout as the dropdown menu in Cubase. You can move the .dll files around to match the way you want to see them in Cubase.
However, VST3 instruments don’t work that way, their category is set by the manufacturer and can’t be changed easily.

I know this post is from a while ago but I just came across it when I had the same question.
What I discovered is that in the plugin manager (Cubase 8.5 pro) you can create a new collection,
Copy all plugins to it, and then move them around at will. When I select the collection from the manager, it loads my custom list.