Restoring records

Thanks for all your considered help, and apologies for my earlier grumpiness !

Let’s take the Photoshop thing, I have had the full version since 2.5 a whole 22 years ! Yes if I were doing a single important scan it would be at 1200dpi and I would lavish time and care over it. When I’m working for the media I shoot full frame with a professional camera and always in RAW.

However if I come across something that is of the moment, my iPhone 4s will at a push produce press quality images.

I have both Cedar racks running with a Lynx Hilo, and remarkably they automatically do the job. Yes, maybe the results could be surpassed on a few records. But put a collection of 20,000 records into the equation, then what ? The Cedar’s and Hilo would just get on and do the job, and they do.

When I bought Wavelab Elements, I looked at the comparison chart, it didn’t tell me that Elements would not do what I wanted, hence my severe disappointment. But I’m over that now.

I am still very wet behind the ears with digital audio processing, but that’s why I’m here.

So I have at the moment, two burning questions :

1. If I get the full version, and say for example this month I have 2,000 Motown records that all need, all but identical re-work. Can I set the Sonnox plugins just once, and then record all of them one after another. And the workflow would be, put the record on, press record, when finished select save, job done, declicked and dehissed ?

2. Right now just using Elements, what is the very fastest way of workflow ? Assuming I always want the very same Sonnox settings, what is the fastest way of doing this ? I need help here as I can’t get my head around even the slow method, that seems like record, then playback all over again through the Sonnox plugin then save, like over 80 minutes for one record ? Or can I record, set Sonnox and save without playing/recording all over again ?

As I said, I can’t get my head around this.

Thanks

Dave