Restoring records

At the risk of appearing flippant, it is actually the best and definitive source of information … but the key concept is this, from page 226 of the Elements manual:

Rendering Files
PROCEDURE
1.In the Master Section, make your settings.
2.On the bottom of the Master Section, click the Render button.
3.In the Render dialog, make your rendering settings.
4.When you have set up the rendering process, click OK.
RESULT
The file is rendered.

Assuming you have all the files you want to process already recorded, and you want to apply the same process to all of them, load the first one, select your plugins, get it sounding how you like it (this is step 1 above), then save your settings (per plugin*) and render. The “render” process is the part that, for a newcomer, is not at all obvious … it’s not like in Word, where you save the file; you can to that too, but to have the plugins in the master section actually change the original, it’s “rendered” into a new file – as fast as your computer can do it, as opposed to realtime.

Hope this helps!

*Note: I can’t remember if Elements has an option to save the entire master section and all settings – I have Elements on a laptop, I’ll load it up later and check.

[EDIT] Yes, you can save and load master section presets in Elements as well, so basically all you have to do is set up your ideal processing chain, save a master section preset, and at the start of each session (assuming you won’t be processing 2000 albums in one go!) load up that master section preset, load each file in turn and hit Render.