c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

So Cubase actually exists for Silicon Graphics systems?

True dat!
I remember going to the Cubase or Steinberg store/office (or what ever it was called back then)
in Toronto in the late 1990’s and seeing a version Cubase running on a SGI machine.

Back then I was using an Apple 12 inch colour monitor and seeing Cubase
on a big huge screen (probably 21 inch ha!) was just amazing.

{‘-’}

I had no idea Cubase’ heritage was on a UNIX system!

The things you learn…

+1

Amazing, what can I say…since I have converted to Steinberg from C-LAB (Atari days) and Emagic till the last version before Apple took over. I’m mostly a Nuendo+NEK user, but I use Cubase in-between version upgrades, always greedy for new features. I really like this thread in that despite others complaining over issues they have, this thread is appreciating the relentless efforts Steinberg is making to not only stay on top, but also to offer us (professional or hobbyist) with the best they possibly can, sometimes even owning up to their shortcomings.

Great job, Steinberg.

hi

can you guys run 50 more tracks @ 88.2 without dropouts ?

The most stable Cubase I’ve had in years. I’m quite happy.

How stable is it? Really stable when you consider what it has to contend with.

Stable doesn’t have to (and can never) mean “perfect.” No DAW or any software is 100% free of bugs even when it controls 100% of the code. Cubase has to host all our beloved 3rd party plugins, from all parts of the globe, from all manner of software developers with their own level of expertise, skill and ways of coding. With multiple formats of those plugins, no less. In dual platform, no less. We won’t even mention audio interfaces, drivers, or the OS and its layers, itself.

No technology service guarantees 100% up-time. Not even Tier 1 technology providers that get to enjoy multiple levels of redundancy, that a single computer does not.

Even the hardware is not 100% crash-free at a quantum physics level. Naturally occurring radiation and cosmic rays will statistically crash a computer with non error-correcting ram as much as once per month, per gigabyte (if left on).

For our modern computers, which many of us leave on for days at a time, with our non-server-grade, non-error-correcting memory (just about all of us here), this would translate into 32 times a month (for a system with 32 gigabytes), or about once a day, that we could statistically expect the computer to potentially crash, regardless of software (“potentially,” because not all ram errors would result in a crash, but many do).

I’ve even had hardware sequencers lockup and require a power cycle.

A DAW would certainly be in a top ten list of the most sophisticated desktop software products created by humans. I put it at the top of that list, due to how many 3rd party programs it hosts and the real-time, latency-oriented nature of it.

So, yes, Cubase is pretty darn rock solid from where I sit. I’m in awe at how many plugins it juggles and how little it crashes.

iTunes crashes more than Cubase for me. Which gets funnier the more you think about it.

+1 Jalcide ^^^^^^

spot on :wink:

Well said, as an +25 years senior IT guy I can confirm this. Man I even had Microsoft product running services for thousands of users that crashed daily, I’ve worked with MPEiX/MPeV/VaxVms/OpenVMS/HP-ux/SCO-UX/AS400 etc etc and these conditions applied for ech and every one…

+1 I just updated and no issues, all my 7.0.6 projects load up. Feels rock solid on osx 10.9. Happy to spend the money… From the installation process to the first feel with no issues…can’t say enough good things about 7.5 they thought of everything. Amazing application :smiley: I always had confidence in Steinberg and Yamaha. Thank you.

Are there any Virus Ti crashes in 7.5? I started having project loading crashes while using 7.0.6 and Virus Ti2. Went back to 7.0.5 and problems went away.

Hello,

issues with the Ti are being discussed here: Computer für Audioanwendungen - WaveLab - Steinberg Forums

Access delivered a fix to the users contacting them.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Virus Ti stable here in 7.5 !

c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID!

+1

So does that mean there is no need for a further update?

No.

There are things that still doesn’t work right like “plugins always on top” of mixer…

Any word on that?

(one of my pet annoyances, just like my other issue of Edit Active Part that no one seems to have a problem with).

I don’t seem to have a prob with that scenario but options (to have or not to have) are always nice.

So a major yes to further development. (score/notation; but even that is better in C7.5)

C7.5 is IMHO a killer app! Smooth!..Solid!..Beautiful!..Pro!..Worth every $$.

Proud to be a user here.

{‘-’}

OP- I have to see this to believe it. Since upgrading to 7.5, I have have numerous crashes(upwards of 20), and a screen that goes completely white during cutting, or moving a piece of audio. AND, now my mono inputs from my Onyx 1640i aren’t working(5, 7, 9) for no apparent reason. The Mackie monitors the inputs beautifully, but Cubase, set up the same exec way its been for 5 years, does not receive any signal from these channels(this started 3 days ago.)

I’m not a happy camper.

Not that I’m suggesting these to resolve your problem, but have you tried to dust off your gear during the past 5 years? If not, there’s a lot to clean inside your Mac Pro. The GPU alone gathers a lot of dust, not to mention the mixer and its I/O cables. Was everything working fine before you upgraded to Mavericks? Have you upgraded from Cubase Artist 7 to full version Cubase 7.5 three days ago when things started to act up against you? Maybe some setup/preference thing isn’t up to par for ultimate performance as these are two different programs. Have you checked everything? Just asking’…

Good luck.