Please Help! Cubase 6 on OS X Mavericks

I upgraded my macbook pro to the latest version (late 2013), as my old computer was about to bite the dust. The computer came with Mavericks.

I know Cubase 6 is not supported on Mavericks, but they at least did offer the coreaudio2asio patch as a workaround. I installed it, but nothing has changed. Cubase is acting weird!

No sound, when I click to change the driver, the Device Setup screen simply goes blank. I can’t see the progress bar moving through the tracks, but can see a hint of it moving through the menu bar - yes, the menu bar. I click in various areas and the wrong actions are performed, etc. This is crazy.

I know this version is no longer supported. If I could return to a prior OS, I would. But I’m wondering, has anyone else had this problem with Cubase 6.0.7? Is there a fix or workaround? Nothing has worked so far.

I’m just not interested in paying $200 for an upgrade I don’t need. If I can make this version work, I’d really like to.
Cheers!
Mike.

Aloha m,

First, congrats on the new ax.

1-Is yer new Mac box a ‘Retina’ version?
2-If so could this be causing the probs?

If you do a board search you will find that there have been a few posts
about Cubase and Mac Retina Display 'puters not playing well together.

Reason I ask is because C6 (and even C5) seem to work fine here under Mav.

Hope you get it sorted.
{‘-’}

Thanks for the reply. It is a Retina Macbook Pro. I’ll search the boards, but anyone aware of a fix?

Okay, in case anyone else has a similar problem, the issue can be partially solved by right clicking the Cubase icon in the applications folder and selecting “Show Info.” Then check the box that says “Open in Low Resolution.”

The program functions normally in appearance, but I still have no sound out of my built-in driver. I will try with my interface driver in a bit, but in the meantime I’m still trying to puzzle out why I have no sound even though all the meters are firing and everything appears to be normal. Could it be the new coreaudio2asio driver?

Check ‘VST Connections’ output tab.
{‘-’}

I think this may provide some useful help. Also check the linked Knowledge Base article.