[SOLVED]Upgrade to Padshop Pro

Interested in Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!

[SOLVED]Upgrade to Padshop Pro

Postby BHuck67 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Hello,

I own Cubase in version 7 which includes Padshop (standard version – VST plugin). I am interested in getting Padshop Pro but I ask me if I can simply order an upgrade, due to the fact Cubase already includes the standard version… I contacted the technical support but I didn’t get any answer (looks like they don’t care about customer willing to purchase Steinberg products…).
Has somebody already tried such kind of update?

Regards,
B.
B.
BHuck67

Re: Upgrade to Padshop Pro

Postby Reiknir » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Why do you just not order the upgrade then, why are you trying to make your life more complicated, go to the shop an and choose Padshop pro and then choose upgrade rather than full version and pay the USD/Euro 10 they ask for the upgrade, they will then activate the Pro license

http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_pr ... p_pro.html

Did you seriously contact technical support rather than click on a couple of links in the shop to see if you could buy an upgrade?
Reiknir

Postby BHuck67 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:02 pm

Because the version included in Cubase is a plugin, not a standalone version, and therefore I'm still not sure if the upgrade will work fine. I'm sorry but this point is far away from being crystal clear...

B.
BHuck67

Postby Elektrobolt » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:14 pm

I am not sure what your question actually is, but when you upgrade from P (included with Cubase) to PP, all you really need is the activation code (which you get when you purchase PP). After you add the license to your eLicenser (by using the activation code) you just open Cubase like before and you will see the extra features that PP brings. No extra download is required!

There is no stand alone version of padshop, as far as I know. If you check out the requirements you'll see that VST3 or VST2 host application is required.
With Note Expression (VST3.5), individual notes contain their own set of controller data when played polyphonically.
VST Expression, Steinberg VST
Cakewalk Sonar X3 now supports VST3!
Elektrobolt

Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Postby Fabio Bartolini » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:27 am

Hello,

as stated elsewhere in the Forum, the Support Team is doing their best to reply, but it is unfortunately not possible to reply to every enquiry in a timely manner these days. Sorry.

If you own Cubase or Cubase Artist, you can just buy the upgrade to Pro, yes.
As Elektrobolt wrote, you don't need any further installation, as Padshop and Padshop Pro are the same installation, the license unlocks further functionality.

There is no stand-alone version of Padshop.

Kind regards,
Fabio Bartolini, Steinberg Tech Support
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Fabio Bartolini

Postby BHuck67 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Thank you very much for this clarification, and sorry if I've been a little bit harsh.

As a suggestion, you may add this point in the product spec or Howto. I did search for the answer without success and I'm probably not the only one asking for that (or perhaps I didn't search at the right place :? ).

Thanks again and congratulations as Cubase is really a great product.

B.
BHuck67

Postby Reiknir » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:08 pm

BHuck67 wrote:Because the version included in Cubase is a plugin, not a standalone version, and therefore I'm still not sure if the upgrade will work fine. I'm sorry but this point is far away from being crystal clear...

B.

No it is crystal clear, there are no separate crippled versions for Cubase and therefore no chance of you getting a crippled one, the Padshop and Rrtrolouge shipped with Cubase are the full versions and can be used in other Sequencers as long as they support VST or AU, pro versions or not
Reiknir

Re: [SOLVED]Upgrade to Padshop Pro

Postby peejay123 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Just read this thread because I was about to ask the same question as BHuck67.

As someone who has worked in design, web development, marketing and comms for 20 years, I want to back up BHuck67's comment about it not being crystal clear. When someone is about to make a purchase, especially online, there should be no doubts about what they are getting or how to do it. If there are ANY doubts, this is a failure of the retailer and NOT the purchaser. My experience with e-commerce analytics says that most people would actually just give up on the purchase rather than persevere.
peejay123

Return to Presales