No Insert or Send effects!

Everything else...

No Insert or Send effects!

Postby JPMD » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:31 pm

Hi everyone ....... This is driving me nuts ... If you can help me, I'd be very grateful..!.... I'm using Artist 7.06 on windows 7..
I want to apply either a send or an insert effect to an audio track ...... so its nothing complicated..... but when I click on Devices/Mix Console/Edit channel settings then click on the first slot on the Channel Settings window ....... there's nothing there .... no effects come up....
Stereo in is the input ... Stereo out is the output ...... Piano audio track in the Channel name box.....
I read the manual (p229).... I watched Chapter 5 of the tutorial videos ...
Yes this is probably the most simple question that you will read on here today!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its happening in every project that I create ..... did I click on something ?
Thanks for your time!! ... but if its too stupid a question .... please don't burn me ......!
One day we shall look back on this and laugh! .... but until then.....
JPMD

Re: No Insert or Send effects!

Postby Grim » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:03 pm

OK...so please confirm or do the following and report back.

EDIT removed as your post title covers this I think.

If no effect come up, what does come up....is there an empty menu appears or nothing at all?

Open Devices/PlugIn Information....is there any plugins in the list (VSTPlugins tab which should open by default)
i7 930@2.8, 12Gb, W7HP x64, Cubase 8.0 Pro & 7.5.30 x64, Audient iD22, Alphatrack, Wavelab Elements 7.2.1.
Grim

Postby JPMD » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi Grim ... thanks for your reply....!
I've recorded a piano audio track and it does play back OK....
I'm clicking in the slot underneath where it says Inserts but nothing at all happens .... there are no slots, no menu comes up and the panel just remains black..... nothing at all happens....
I opened Devices/Plugin Information and there are loads of VST plugins listed there all with a ticked box by the side of them...
Thanks Grim .... really appreciate your time....!
JPMD

Postby Grim » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:46 pm

There are some other ways to use effects....not that this is a solution but just to clarify your problem.

Hit shift F2, tick inspector and see if you can use the insert slots in the inspector

If that doesn't work highlight the event and try to select a plugin from the drop down menu Audio/Plugins

It sounds like you have an installation problem if the menu isn't opening at all....but might help to clarify if you could try the above.
i7 930@2.8, 12Gb, W7HP x64, Cubase 8.0 Pro & 7.5.30 x64, Audient iD22, Alphatrack, Wavelab Elements 7.2.1.
Grim

Postby JPMD » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:37 pm

Hi Grim .... I tried what you suggested.....
Hit shift/F2 ...... same as before the panel just remains black and nothing appears
I'm probably missing something here .... I can't see Plugins in the Audio dropdown menu ...... Is it because I'm using Artist not the full version of Cubase?....
There seems to be something really not right here...... I've not had any problems with crashes since installing it ... it seems a bit odd for a bit to have 'missed' being installed but these things certainly do happen.....
The words 'installation problem' kind of fill me with an uneasy feeling!! ..... do you think that re-installing Artist would be a have a chance of fixing it? ...... but if its got to be done ... so be it! ..... however.....
I'm considering upgrading to Artist 7.5 .... for £40-odd it seems daft not to ... I've got very out of date with previous versions before... Do you know if 7.5 is a 'bolt-on' to 7.06 or a whole new set-up?......
I'm thinking that if 7.5 isn't just a 'bolt-on' to 7.06, is it worth skipping re-installing 7.06 and just installing Artist 7.5 instead?
Cheers Grim .... thanks for your help!
JPMD

Postby NWP » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:55 pm

Look closely at the headers in the Channel Edit windows. Screenshot?
NWP

Postby JPMD » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:20 pm

Heres a screenshot after I just clicked on Inserts...!
Attachments
Scrnshot.png
(167.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JPMD

Postby Grim » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:17 pm

OK....it definitely looks to me like your install has corrupted.

I think an un-install and re-install making sure you are logged in as an admin (unless UAC is disabled) should sort it.
After un-installing I would delete any remaining program files/Steinberg folders (but leave vstplugins if you installed 3rd party ones already)

7.5 is a separate program, but I would never recommend updating a non working system.....you'll get really frustrated if it's some system incompatibility and you just spent half a day downloading the new version, spent £40 and still have the same problem
Grim

Postby JPMD » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:35 pm

Thanks for that Grim! .... I think you've possibly saved me a trip to the local secure unit... cos it really was driving me nuts ......
I'll uninstall and re-install at the weekend now... my jobs too busy during the week to concentrate properly!
Any remaining files - Are they liable to be just be in a single Steinberg folder or are they likely to be in the System/Windows folder?...... and I'll follow your advice and get 7.06 sorted before downloading 7.5.....
I'll report back with progress in case it helps anyone else......

Cheers Grim! ...... Really appreciate you sticking with me on this one.......!
JPMD

Postby JPMD » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:55 pm

Re-install completed ........... AND I HAVE EFFECTS ONCE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Problem solved .... and I am one very happy bloke......
Thanks again Grim if you happen to read this!!

One last question .... Confusingly, it appears that the MP3 upgrade patch has survived the re-install ..... I'm not complaining as it saves me spending another £12! ..... but is this right?

Cheers guys !
JPMD

Postby Grim » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:49 pm

Good news....glad you're back up and running.

One last question .... Confusingly, it appears that the MP3 upgrade patch has survived the re-install ..... I'm not complaining as it saves me spending another £12! ..... but is this right?

I use 3rd party mp3 conversion, but I guess it's just a codec and installs to windows rather than specifically to the Cubase install. If you bought it once you should never need to pay for it again anyhow.
Grim

Postby mark75 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:21 pm

Hey, I have same problem in cubase 7.0.6. It used to work before, but after months of doing a thing, something has happened. Is there any other way to fix this? What has happened, ideas?
mark75

Postby jamusic » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:52 am

mark75 wrote:...but after months of doing a thing, something has happened...

What 'thing' have you been doing for months, if I may inquire?

Also, have you installed anything else lately?
-C7.5.20 -Win 7-x64 Home -Intel i7-2600k -ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro -Antec High Current 520w -16 Gigs RAM
-Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler -3 SSDs -WD 1TB Black Caviar Hard Drive -2 1TB External USB 3 Drives
-TC Electronic SK 48 Audio Interface -Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 Mixer -Roland UM-550 MIDI Interface
-Telefunken R.F.T. AR-51 Mic -DBX 376 Tube Channel Strip Pre-Amp/Comp -ART DPS II Tube Pre-Amp
-Yamaha P-200/88 & Nektar Panorama P6/61 Keyboards -V-Drums/Roland TD-6
-4003 Rickenbacker Fireglow Bass -5 Guitars -4 Sound Modules

jamusic

Postby mark75 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:30 am

My bad english skills..., i've done nothing with cubase in couple of months. Few days ago I recorded drumtracks and noticed that something has changed. Inserts, sends, plugins and so on has somehow dissappeared. All shown pure black, no "no effects" where i used to pick up plugins, send, inserts... Just like in screenshot at this topic above. Thanks for answering..
mark75

Postby mark75 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:30 am

Free from troubles again. I reinstalled soft and updated it to 7.5 too. Cheers.
mark75

Postby jamusic » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:22 am

mark75 wrote:Free from troubles again. I reinstalled soft and updated it to 7.5 too. Cheers.

So it's all good now, then?
-C7.5.20 -Win 7-x64 Home -Intel i7-2600k -ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro -Antec High Current 520w -16 Gigs RAM
-Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler -3 SSDs -WD 1TB Black Caviar Hard Drive -2 1TB External USB 3 Drives
-TC Electronic SK 48 Audio Interface -Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 Mixer -Roland UM-550 MIDI Interface
-Telefunken R.F.T. AR-51 Mic -DBX 376 Tube Channel Strip Pre-Amp/Comp -ART DPS II Tube Pre-Amp
-Yamaha P-200/88 & Nektar Panorama P6/61 Keyboards -V-Drums/Roland TD-6
-4003 Rickenbacker Fireglow Bass -5 Guitars -4 Sound Modules

jamusic

Return to Miscellaneous