Poll: On which device do you use Cubase iC Pro mainly?

Works awesome on iPad Air.

Been waiting to use this on my iPad again but for gods sake fix the direct monitoring crashing issue that’s been stopping me use this for the last 6 months!!!

This is really unacceptable especially as it mainly affects people using Steinberg hardware!

MC

1: mmm… i was thinking of buying an ipad mainly to use it as Cubase controller with cubase IC Pro… i also use Steiny hardware and using Direct monitoring… i wonder if its a known global problem or only with your system NB !!

2:for the OP if i knew steinberg are going to relese IC pro and cubasis for w8 tablets i think ill go w8 tablets…

Its been known for 6 months and has been acknowledged by Steinberg.

MC

You sell a product via the apple app store, and there’s no way to get statistics from apple which are the target devices? Can barely believe that.

Google Nexus 7.

Finally it’s here. :slight_smile:

I’ve downloaded the App on my Medion Lifetab (Lenovo motor) and it worked perfectly. Android version is 4.2.2.
Setup: no problem. I only used it for the mixer and the transport panel. I think I don’t necessarily need it but I like to test things out and it worked OK!

Chris

If I buy it , I will get it for my iPad. Does it require some sort of eLicenser install :frowning:

But I may allocate the $17 to a future purchase of Logic X just so I can get more plugins for FCP and use the Drummer for some quick demos. The Logic controller is free.

I am testing this on a lenovo android tablet (4.03) and a galaxy note 2 phone (4.42)
Whilst it looks very useful at first glance, I havent been able to use it on either device for more than about 10 minutes before things start to go awry. The play button has gotten stuck on on several occasions, and the audio system screws up not long afterwards requiring a cubase restart. A bit annoying really.
It is not a valid competitor to touchdaw ($4) yet.
My feeling is that this was rushed to market without a proper beta program.
Perhaps I will try it again in a year.

I have Cubase 7.5.10 running on Windows 7 SP1 32-bit and I have used Cubase iC Pro on my iPad2 with iOS 7.0.6.
I said “used” because I could not use it any more. Although I have deinstalled previous version of SKI Remote and installed latest one (1.0.6) and iC Pro recognized my computer immediately upon start, I could not establish any connection. I didn’t make any changes on my ad-hoc network connections (both on Win7 and iPad side).
It is interesting that old Cubase iC is recognized by Cubase 7.5.10, but that’s only. It could not be used also, but
I don’t expect that old version could operate with new SKI Remote. That is also documented at Steinberg site.
Any help or advice?

Alex

I’m running the demo on Android using Cubase7 and windows7.
This was going to be an instant buy when i heard of the Android version but with the problems already mentioned I did pause on the instant purchase. I’m going to get it as it is potentially a great app. As long as it’s supported and updated then steinberg can have my cash.

To the OP, where are the Android options? You can add options as you go along!

I tried a few Android for Windows emulators, but they either wouldn’t install or were too laggy on my Acer W511 Atom tablet. I just wanted a bigger view of the iC Pro transport screen.

I still think that, like Cubase itself, iC Pro needs to be more configurable, like changing the size of the time location to be suitable for my eyes unaided so I don’t have to wear reading glasses on the videos, or making the transport buttons larger to be able to touch them while stretching over a guitar. And it would be nice to have a scrub control screen that hasn’t got the ridiculously small controls currently on the transport bar.

I would like a Windows based iC Pro to have a desktop version with multiple iC Pro windows with different functions in each, just because you can then use a large screen all-in-one. The advantage of multiple windows, instead of a single multi-info screen, is that an individual window could be changed to its configuration view while all the others continue to show their live info.

AND, a Windows iC Pro MUST be able to use multi-touch. There is no excuse to remain touch-dumb like Cubase itself.

It appears to have been addressed:

As far as I can see, all who are having (or had) problems are using Windows. Is this a Windows specific problem, or are there any Mac users who’s had similar experiences?

Frankly, I don’t use it anymore. The functionality is too limited and flawed. I suppose I should check for updates to see if previous gripes have been addressed, but you know…

I’ve got the demo working on a Samsung galaxy S4 mini. Took ages to get working but a recent windows update updated the wireless adapter I use ( literally the day after I checked manually) now all seems to work. Will have a play before I buy. … Looking good so far!

Samsung Note 10.1. … enjoying the freedom of wireless!

Working with Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2012) here.

All good, but Nexus 7 screen could handle more data than the current version is giving it.

I -was- using it on iPhone 4. Just for booth recording.

I just switched to Nook HD+ Don’t laugh. 9" HD 1920x1280 it’s -the- clearest, easiest to read display I’ve ever seen. $100. Recognised my network/DAW immediately with icPro… which I cannot say was the case for IOS.

HTC ONE works fine, although I still prefer a midi controller.