Did they delivry the wrong cubase version?

Hello dare Steinberg users.

Had ordered the box version of Cubase 7.5 update from Cubase 6 and got it delivered today by an online shop in Sweden, but on the box it says cubase 7, The store has closed for today so was going to ask you who bought the 7.5 update. Have I got the right version? Do not want to open it if its cubase 7 maybe they will not take it back then.

I enclose a picture appreciate prompt response becuse I want to open that poop at once and become celebrity :sunglasses:

As written on the box - You get the grace period update to Cubase 7.5 as download for free from the steinberg site, as soon as you activate your Cubase 7.

Thx bro love you!

i did not uninstall the cubase 6 i just installed cubase 7 version over it in same folder and downloading the 7.5 right now and will do the same is it correct? Becuse when i open cubase 6 now its crashing when i press the ā€œEā€ button to see the vst plugins in the mixer, I dont need cubase 6 anymore anyway i just wondering if i do it right.

You need to update the Cubase 6 License on your USB eLicenser with the Code you received with the purchase of Cubase 7. This should then automatically update the license to Cubase 7.5

i did not uninstall the cubase 6 i just installed cubase 7 version over it in same folder and downloading the 7.5 right now and will do the same is it correct?

This is not correctā€¦Cubase 6, 7 and 7.5 are all separate programsā€¦not updates.
You shouId install into the same Program files/Steinberg folder but to individual sub-folders within it.

i guess thats why cubase 6 crashed. Now after i install 7.5 in same folder without subfolders cubase 6 doesnt open at all i read ur post little to late i guess :confused: anyways if you dont need ur old versions you can install in same folder without sub-folders everything works fine no crashes with the 7.5 thanks.

Honestly if I was you I would un-install 7.5, try to un-install the earlier versions (though probably it wonā€™t let you)ā€¦delete any left over folders manually and then install 7.5 into a completely clean new folder.

Yepp think youā€™re probably right it does not feel good at heart, Iā€™ll uninstall everything and start over the question is if I need to install cubase 6?

You can just install 7.5 if you have the ā€œcomplete installationā€ files

They are downloadable here if you donā€™t have themā€¦NOT the updateā€¦scroll down to the complete installation files.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_75.html

Got it, Then i install only this a clean cubase 7.5, Hope every vst/vsti plugins from cubase 6 comes with this also thanks for the help