The Roland Aira TR-08 - The Evolution Of The Classic TR-808

Who says dreams can’t come true.

Kool!
Must be a lil rough to be a ‘real’ drummer these days.
{‘-’}

Interesting G-String. ON your link it has a link to this, http://www.roland.co.uk/aira. Could there be more in store? 909? JP-8?

And this is different from the gazillions of sampled/synthesized 808’s exactly how? :unamused: It’s not like the real thing had dynamics or complex waveforms and it’s really hard to sample/synthesize… What could possibly have Roland added besides a new fancy box?

Right, I forgot, the world of pop music is very similar to the world of Wall Street: everything is just an illusion and as long as it looks shiny and new and gets a lot of press, it’ll sell…

Could well be mr Beer i heard rumours of a 303 version , any thing to give korg a run for their money but it does look really interesting .
To mr happy (papi) , and you know all this for fact do you that it’s all going to be sample based . Wow Papi is the man with the inside knowledge :unamused:

I for one am looking forward to seeing what roland are bringing to the table this year , as long as it’s not just another add on sample bank to up date again .

To Mr. I-can’t-read-basic-English (G-string), I clearly wrote sampled/synthesized and you obviously did not get my point. But then again, I suspect you were only interested in taking a jab at me. Yeah, I believe it’s called trolling.

If i was only interested in trolling you happyjack i must have ESP to know you were going to post after my first post , every post you post attacks the OP in some way which also been pointed out by the MODs quite a few times of late . your now on my ignore list for being so miserable.

All those empty tabs mr Beer must mean Roland have been hard at work and for the last couple of years . Maybe that wass the master plan :wink:

OK, once again you proved my point: you only post to attack me. In other words, you’re a troll.

every post you post attacks the OP in some way

Really? You’re deep inside the reality distortion field, child. I expressed an OPINION about a new product from Roland (incidentally, ON TOPIC, unlike your gratuitous attacks on me.) Didn’t even mention the original poster.

your now on my ignore list for being so miserable.

I believe you’ve already said that many times. And yet here we go again with your silly ad hominem.

Time out guys. Please do not turn my informational thread into some sort of personal battle. I posted this thinking someone else may be interested in some new audio news, nothing more. To be honest, this new 808 can be totally awesome, or a total failure, we will have to wait and see. Therefore being negative about a new product with out real information I think is very unproductive. I will be at NAMM, and I will make my own evaluation then.

“And this is different from the gazillions of sampled/synthesized 808’s exactly how?” - papi61, simple, we do not know yet. Thus your argument is moot.

Thanks for the post Mr Beer.

I have an 808 from 1984 (along with a PortaStudio) and will be interested in how it
stacks up with what is shown at NAMM.

I hated the sound of of the 808 back then (always wanted a Lynn Drum but could not afford it)
but it has become an industry standard.

Guess those guys knew what they were doing.

Anyway thanks again for the info/post.
{‘-’}

I got the Arturia Spark software along with my V-Collection, but haven’t even tried 808 sim yet. It’s got the LinnDrum in there too Curteye!

The cat is now out of the bag.