Track Archive (improve function)

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 can be posted here.

Track Archive (improve function)

Postby cbdmusic » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:37 am

I am a film composer and I spend a lot of time transferring midi and audio regions and tracks from one session to another and the best way I have found to do that is "Export Selected Tracks" from session A and then "Import Track Archive" into session B (why it isn't called "Export Track Archive" is beyond me). The only problem with this method is that when I import the track archive into session B, the track archive remembers it's old "Project Start" time and then it proceeds to change the project start of session B. The solution I have found is to edit the XML file that cubase makes. In the XML code you can delete the "Project Start" data and then when you import into session B it won't mess anything up (I have attached a screenshot of what "Import Track Archive" looks like after you edit the XML).

Anyway, isn't this a little ridiculous that I have even had to learn how to edit an XML file in order for "Track Archives" to work? Can't we get a button on the import track archive window that says "ignore track archive project start"? Or is there a better way that you all know of to transfer tracks (and all their settings and data) between sessions. So that is my feature request... a "Ignore Track Archive Project Start Time" button.

Thanks!!

import track archive parr.png
import track archive
(141.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Cubase 7.5.20; Mac Pro 8-Core, 32gb ram; RME Raydat; Novation remote Zero; Vienna Ensemble Pro; Terrabytes of Samples.
cbdmusic

Re: Track Archive (improve function)

Postby fantasiom » Mon May 26, 2014 2:06 am

+1 on this one. It's an huge hassle transferring tracks from one session to another. I use the same workaround by editing the xml file and it's a lot of steps. Have yet to find another solution...
fantasiom

Postby CubeDAW » Mon May 26, 2014 4:18 am

Yes I agree with all of this and there are times when you want multiple songs to overlap yet retain their tempo. I need to be able to have more than one tempo map. It's the main feature I want and need.
CubeDAW

Postby sonic74 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:10 am

+1
sonic74

Postby jb » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:39 pm

+1 now I understand the problems I sometimes have with importing...will look into the edit solution, thanks!
Studio: Cubase 6.5.5 (& 7.5) 32 bits on Windows 7 64 bit.
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov10/a ... 64-bit.htm (tip).

Intel I7 4930K @3.4Ghz/Asus P9X79/16gb/NVIDIA GeForce GT 610/2x RME Digiface PCI
Intel Q6600 @2.40Ghz /Asus P5K/4gb/NVIDIA GeForce 850 GT/RME multiface PCI
Controllers:
Ipad2/16gb, Lemur running customized 16channel Mackie control and multiple 14 bits generic remote templates, presonus faderport, BCR2000, 2x BCF 2000
jb

Postby cbdmusic » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:11 am

BUMP!!
Cubase 7.5.20; Mac Pro 8-Core, 32gb ram; RME Raydat; Novation remote Zero; Vienna Ensemble Pro; Terrabytes of Samples.
cbdmusic

Return to Feature Requests and Suggestions