Need better multi install support

Lol. Ok. Well in that case yes…I think if I buy a rack mount audio interface it isn’t unreasonable for the vendor to say hey thanks for your business…by the way heres a discount for X amount of another product. In fact, as I type this I realize that Native Instruments does this all the time. The one fundamental difference between the hardware and software scenario is…if I go out and buy Cubase Elements at full price, which I am not unwilling to do as it solves my problem…I will have to now buy upgrades for both it and the full Cubase ongoing…which I am less willing to do and frankly feel I shouldn’t really have to just because I don’t want to carry the dongle back and forth with me. Mind you I don’t want to get into the merits of the whole dongle thing as I know its been done to death and I got back into Cubase knowing fully well what it meant. I just can help but wonder if there isn’t a better way than having this usb key sticking out of my laptop and then getting back to my desktop and launching cubase and realizing oh snap the dongle is elsewhere. I mean am I the only one this happens to?