Need better multi install support

Look folks. I know I full well what I purchased. I still have my red parallel port dongle from Cubase way back. I am not suggesting the dongle go away. I fully realize that will not happen and has been discussed to death on these forums for many years. Effectively I had a thought related to promotional move/gesture that Steinberg might consider for people who purchase their flagship products. Why it is being met with the level of self righteousness is beyond me.

You work in IT? So you know the score.

Yes I work in IT. If by “the score” you mean I know that in highly competitive markets vendors go out of their way to show an interest in the feedback from their users then yes I do. If by “the score” you mean I understand that very often company’s put out lite versions of their flagship products as a means by which to entice people to enter their ecosystem of products then yes I do. Often companies go so far as offering free versions of their products for just the same purpose. Often these products are not meant to be money makers. They represent a gateway to the money makers. But I’m sure you already know all this.

Soon Cubase will be ON the dongle (but maybe not). Game, set & match. Any computer.
And unless I’m a little confused isn’t there a grace period of 24hrs non-dongled usage on recent releases? Don’t know quite how it works but search around the fairly recent “lost dongle” posts. Someone will know.

I don’t see the whole Cubase ON the dongle thing myself but hey techmology is crazy so who knows. Thanks for the suggestion on the 24 hours grace period thing. I will check it out as this could work well for me.