Opening XG MIDI files with Yamaha S-YXG50 VSTi

Thanks very much MrSoundman, it’s sort of worked. I can import the MIDI file and it plays back through the S-YXG50, (I add the S-YXG50 first, to a blank project, give it its own track, then import the MIDI file), but all the songs I have seem to ignore most of the XG effects, and they play back about one quarter slower than they should. Very odd.
I can see at the start of each MIDI file that each track has a small amount of data that is read (I see it in the tracks, and each track shows a ‘signal’ for a split second when you start playing the file), so it looks like the Sysex data is being read, just not properly. The instruments on each track are correct, but the effects aren’t - I’m not sure if there are any effects, or just a reduced amount of them - I’ll try to do some videos to show the difference between the playback on VSTHost and on Cubase Elements 7.

In VSTHost they play back perfectly. I can vouch that the S-YXG50 sounds EXACTLY the same as the DB50XG, as I made numerous MP3 files of my favourite XG MIDI files, played by my old DB50XG, before I sold it, and I’ve been comparing them to the same songs played throughthe S-YXG50 in VSTHost, and there is no difference. Unless my ears are deceiving me. Presumably the S-YXG50 doesn’t offer QS300 mode, and XG Gold wouldn’t work with it anyway, would it? (Maybe if I did some sort of clever MIDI looping with XG-Gold and VST Host? Probably pointless)