6.5.5 freezes on loading projects

• Cubase 6.5.5
  • Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
  • Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz 3.06 GHz
  • 6 GB Ram
  • NVIDIA Quadro FX 380
  • Line 6 UX2 audio interface

Hi all, :slight_smile:

Since a day I have a huge problem with all my projects. Cubase freezes as the Mixer is being loaded. I removed and re-installed Cubase from 6 to 6.5 and 6.5.5 but that did not solve the error.

The odd thing is, I can start new projects and save them but as I open them, the error occurs.

Any help will be much appreciated! :smiley:

Try deleting the preferences… Though if Cubase was really completely uninstalled that should have done the same I guess… See here: Knowledge Base - they call it Initialising Prerences there…

That worked. Unfortunately for one time only. I saved the project with a new name and restarted Cubase. I opened the project and it’s frozen again while loading the mixer…

Mm too bad - so what changed since you started getting this issue? You say it’s a day, so I guess all was good before. Maybe try to go back to a previous Windows Restore Point (or whatever it’s called)…

It started after I deinstalled trial versions of the Waves Scheps and Acustica Audio Acqua. Both plugins are not used in any of my projects.

It sounds like a plugin acting up to me. I’ve had that before. You could try and find the culprit throught the process of elimination by disabling plugins via the ‘plugin manager’ (which you can access without opening a project).

Or you could go the other way around and create a new project and:

Add a (suspicious if you can think of any) plugin → save project → close and re-open project → add another plugin → rinse and repeat until you find the bugger.

Worth a shot. Good luck! :slight_smile:

I found the bastard! :wink:

It was an originally 32bit plugin that after the update to 64bit still kept its residence in the (x86) directory. More tests tonight will unveil if I solved the problem.

Problem solved. Thank you guys for your kind support! :smiley:

Nice one! :slight_smile: