2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-device

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 can be posted here.

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Prock » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:25 am

Finsonic wrote:
Buchanan wrote:Ableton LIVE is called that for a good reason.


Don't tell someone else what to do with the software they paid for. I can use Cubase for whatever I feel comfortable.

Also, you shouldn't seek excuses when there's no excuse for a pretty common capability of which Cubase is not capable of for ages. I might have multiple usb controllers which I might need or not during the creation a project. Maybe I don't need them at the same time, but want to switch easily without having to save, exit, disconnect, connect, start cubase, load the project, wait for it to load and start working. Then again, if I want to switch back or have another device connected. Even in production, there's the chance of unplugging or turning off the device accidentally.

In fact, this is a no go for a software that started its career back in the 80s. And I have used Creator, Cubase and Notator Logic on Atari 25 years ago. I know what I can expect from a software. And it really annoys me that Cubase, at that price tag and 0.5 updates that also cost money is not capable of such a simple feature.


Perfect response Finsonic. 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase 7.5.20 (64bit), OS: Windows 7 x64 SP1, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz, RAM: 8GB, Graphics: 1024MB GeForce GTX 650, AI: PreSonus Firebox
User avatar
Prock
Member
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:22 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Buzthafuzz » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:37 am

I vote Finsonic winner of this round!
And I up this very important (FOR ME, CUSTOMER 8-) ) issue.
Buzthafuzz
New Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby bugishcompany » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:06 pm

This issue has bugged me for years but I have refrained from making a thread about it in fear of backlash responses from fanboys like Buchanan, G-String and others.

And the question still remains: If other programs can have a functional "RESET devices" button why cant cubase?
My guess is lack of developer time, theyre too busy with important features like steinberg hub you know.
bugishcompany
New Member
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:08 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Buchanan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:33 pm

We're fanboys? What? Because we don't expect the company to bend over backwards for those who can't be arsed doing anything for themselves? Not recognising an unplugged device is no big banana. Like watching kids moan because mom didn't wash one's special plate up after dinner.
Seriously. This is funny now. Carry on.

PS: "Fanboys" = a term used by the terminally stupid to criticise those that can see through the thickness of skulls and point out the BS in posts.
Last edited by Buchanan on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone wants perfect software. But nobody's perfect.
Buchanan
Member
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:15 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Buchanan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:44 pm

So YOU use Cubase for whatever YOU feel comfortable? Then don't be surprised that THE COMPANY writes Cubase the way THEY want to design it. They do tell you how to use it in the manual, which is the way THEY intend it to be used.
So a complaint about the way YOU use (especially as this issue is just about forgetting to plug a lead in) Cubase is unlikely to get any serious response form support staff because it's NOT a Cubase issue.
It's an issue about users using it for any old sh**e. Well, griping about nothing really.

God help any of you in a REAL band and you have to get the mic under the snare and the drummer has three stands in the way. :lol:
And don't tell me "you don't mic up under the snare..." that'll really get me going. :lol:
Everyone wants perfect software. But nobody's perfect.
Buchanan
Member
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:15 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Buzthafuzz » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Buchanan wrote:We're fanboys? What? Because we don't expect the company to bend over backwards for those who can't be arsed doing anything for themselves? Not recognising an unplugged device is no big banana. Like watching kids moan because mom didn't wash one's special plate up after dinner.
Seriously. This is funny now. Carry on.

Buchanan wrote:So YOU use Cubase for whatever YOU feel comfortable? Then don't be surprised that THE COMPANY writes Cubase the way THEY want to design it. They do tell you how to use it in the manual, which is the way THEY intend it to be used.
So a complaint about the way YOU use (especially as this issue is just about forgetting to plug a lead in) Cubase is unlikely to get any serious response form support staff because it's NOT a Cubase issue.
It's an issue about users using it for any old sh**e. Well, griping about nothing really.

God help any of you in a REAL band and you have to get the mic under the snare and the drummer has three stands in the way. :lol:
And don't tell me "you don't mic up under the snare..." that'll really get me going. :lol:


You are so frustrated, I'm sorry for you... Everybody here, except you, use a nice and reasonable way of writing so that we can understand a point of view. Why are you so angry? If you want to talk about it, maybe here is not the best forum...
Buzthafuzz
New Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Prock » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:11 pm

This issue has been brought up around here for years.

Here is the earliest post (06 Aug 2012) I could find on this very same topic:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20518

If you read the topic in the link you will see that even forum member "MeatBallRagu" thought this was an issue and supported a fix for it.

I figure that the Cubase support staff at Steinberg must like Meatballs and Ragu too and since this has been on the stove since at least 2012 there is only one conclusion… this issue needs to fixed! ;)

Look folks... I'm just trying to lighten this conversation a bit while at the same time pointing out that this issue really had been bothering quite a few Cubase users for some time now. I understand that MAC/Cubase users could care less since they don't have this issue. But I really can't understand why some of the PC/Cubase crowd have to bash this topic and other forum members that support it. We are supposed to use this forum as a place to ask fellow users for assistance. Unfortunately, for this topic, only Steinberg can assist and I wish they would chime in here just to say they are going to work it or not. Then, at least we will know where we stand.

Again, this issue sometimes comes up for me when I am in a "mixdown mode" but for whatever reason feel the need to add something to the mix. Sometimes I want to add another guitar or some other type of audio track and sometimes it is something I want to add that requires midi. Most times I do have the usb midi device already hooked up, sometimes I don't. Of course it's during those occasions when I don't have my midi device hooked up is when this concern rears its ugly head. The time and bother of having to shut CB down and restart it is sometimes an inspiration killer for me. That, for me is when I think that it would be much better if CB would connect to the plugged in usb midi device just like it does for our MAC users and for users of other DAWs.

BTW… I tried the fix that was suggested in 2012 which was to go to device>device setup and hit the “reset” button under the midi port setup. It doesn’t work for me.
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase 7.5.20 (64bit), OS: Windows 7 x64 SP1, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz, RAM: 8GB, Graphics: 1024MB GeForce GTX 650, AI: PreSonus Firebox
User avatar
Prock
Member
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:22 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Headlands » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:23 pm

+1

This is something that should have been fixed years ago, and I fully support this thread.
Nuendo 6 and Cubase 7.5, Win 7 x64, 16GB RAM, UAD2-QUAD, Lynx Aurora 8, RME HDSPe, lots and lots of toys.
Headlands
Member
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:13 pm
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby folkfreak » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:44 pm

+1
needs to be fixed
folkfreak
Junior Member
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Elektrobolt » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:27 pm

However inconceivable this may seem, I do not agree that this "needs to be fixed". That is my opinion and hence I am stating it. Why do I disagree? Simply because it is not really an issue for me. I use a number of USB devices, of which none are ever disconnected. So I really don't see this as something that is in need of a fix. Please note that I am not against it being implemented.

I find this whole thing pretty extraordinary actually... Not that people connect/disconnect their USB devices as often as mentioned, I understand that there are circumstances. Not that they get frustrated, I can certainly understand that. It is that they have sustained this frustration for years and done virtually nothing to get themselves out of such stressful situations.

Sure, one could argue that a software, or a computer, should be able to this and that, but if it just doesn't, a change in behavior is fairly traditional. This may come across as a cheap shot, but I highly recommend it, it relieves stress, and it does not preclude me from asking for the feature to be implemented. Though, it could render it pointless.
With Note Expression (VST3.5), individual notes contain their own set of controller data when played polyphonically.
VST Expression, Steinberg VST
Cakewalk Sonar X3 now supports VST3!
User avatar
Elektrobolt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:12 am
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Finsonic » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:33 am

I just can hunch my shoulders about how some people step in and behave so careless. How can it be that someone who doesn't find it useful is absolutely against a tiny change in a program when there are, which is what I believe, more than 50% of the users that would be really happy if this feature was just there? Are those people against all improvements in their own life? Is eye candy more important than a real and useful feature? I'm absolutely speechless. Even more, I'm shocked about the lack of intelligence of a certain person here.
CPU: i7 980X / MoBo: GA-X58A-OC / RAM:: 12GB / SSD: M4 256GB / ASIO: ESi Maya44e / OS: Win7 Ultimate x64 / DAW: Cubase 7.5
CPU: i7 3930K / MoBo: P9-X79 Deluxe / RAM: 32GB / SSD: Vertex4 256GB / ASIO: RME HDSPe AIO / OS: Win8.1 Enterprise x64 / DAW: Cubase 7.5
Finsonic
Junior Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:36 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Elektrobolt » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:14 am

Finsonic wrote:I just can hunch my shoulders about how some people step in and behave so careless. How can it be that someone who doesn't find it useful is absolutely against a tiny change in a program when there are, which is what I believe, more than 50% of the users that would be really happy if this feature was just there? Are those people against all improvements in their own life? Is eye candy more important than a real and useful feature? I'm absolutely speechless. Even more, I'm shocked about the lack of intelligence of a certain person here.

I take it that you are addressing me personally. However you really ought to address the opinion instead. I even explained the reason for it. Is my person seriously being labeled with a "lack of intelligence" because of an opinion? :lol: That is just too funny, mate!

Anyways, reading your post, it would appear you are not shocked, nor speechless, but rather dramatic...
With the explicit statement that I am not against it being implemented, how do you figure it "absolutely against"?
How do you figure "more than 50% of the users", and where did the notion of "eye candy more important" come from?
How does "a tiny change in a program" equal "all improvements in their own life"? That is a very powerful butterfly.

All things aside, I will turn my vote against the opposing side. ;)

+1 in favor of this sarcastic request.
With Note Expression (VST3.5), individual notes contain their own set of controller data when played polyphonically.
VST Expression, Steinberg VST
Cakewalk Sonar X3 now supports VST3!
User avatar
Elektrobolt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:12 am
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Prock » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:54 am

The OP seems very passionate about this issue and so am I. I hope level heads prevail in this conversation and this issue finally gets answered. Notice I said "issue" not "feature request". Cubase IS NOT working the same in Windows as it does in MAC. Surely a software "issue".

Like I previously reported I did put in a support request for this issue and hope to hear back from Steinberg soon if they stick to their own response time of "approx 24 to 48 business hours". If my math is correct that equates to 3 to 6 business days. So hopefully I will get a response by next Thursday. I will report what they say as soon as I hear from them.

OR

Maybe someone from the Steinberg Cubase support staff who is monitoring this forum will respond directly on this topic right here in this thread.

Regards...
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase 7.5.20 (64bit), OS: Windows 7 x64 SP1, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz, RAM: 8GB, Graphics: 1024MB GeForce GTX 650, AI: PreSonus Firebox
User avatar
Prock
Member
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:22 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Elektrobolt » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:44 am

Keep your fingers crossed! Actually, keep your USB-devices connected! ;)
With Note Expression (VST3.5), individual notes contain their own set of controller data when played polyphonically.
VST Expression, Steinberg VST
Cakewalk Sonar X3 now supports VST3!
User avatar
Elektrobolt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:12 am
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Prock » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:41 pm

Elektrobolt wrote:Keep your fingers crossed! Actually, keep your USB-devices connected! ;)


Good one and will do. :)

BTW... My opinion is that your opinion posted a few posts ago was very well written and gets your viewpoint across perfectly. Just wondering if you are running CB on Windows Or Mac? And, if on Windows, have you ever experienced this issue? Thanks.
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase 7.5.20 (64bit), OS: Windows 7 x64 SP1, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz, RAM: 8GB, Graphics: 1024MB GeForce GTX 650, AI: PreSonus Firebox
User avatar
Prock
Member
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:22 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Prock » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:52 pm

Prock wrote:The OP seems very passionate about this issue and so am I. I hope level heads prevail in this conversation and this issue finally gets answered. Notice I said "issue" not "feature request". Cubase IS NOT working the same in Windows as it does in MAC. Surely a software "issue".

Like I previously reported I did put in a support request for this issue and hope to hear back from Steinberg soon if they stick to their own response time of "approx 24 to 48 business hours". If my math is correct that equates to 3 to 6 business days. So hopefully I will get a response by next Thursday. I will report what they say as soon as I hear from them.

OR

Maybe someone from the Steinberg Cubase support staff who is monitoring this forum will respond directly on this topic right here in this thread.

Regards...


I apologize for misquoting the response time for Steinberg's Customer Support Team. Below is a copy of a portion of the auto response I received from Steinberg after submitting the support request on Monday Jan 20, 2014. The response may be much faster than what I assumed. Beautiful!

......
Thank you for contacting Steinberg’s Customer Support Team. Your support request has been received and we will respond as quickly as possible. Support requests are usually responded to within 24 - 48 hours, excluding weekends and observed holidays
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase 7.5.20 (64bit), OS: Windows 7 x64 SP1, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz, RAM: 8GB, Graphics: 1024MB GeForce GTX 650, AI: PreSonus Firebox
User avatar
Prock
Member
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:22 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Prock » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Prock wrote:I apologize for misquoting the response time for Steinberg's Customer Support Team. Below is a copy of a portion of the auto response I received from Steinberg after submitting the support request on Monday Jan 20, 2014. The response may be much faster than what I assumed. Beautiful!

......
Thank you for contacting Steinberg’s Customer Support Team. Your support request has been received and we will respond as quickly as possible. Support requests are usually responded to within 24 - 48 hours, excluding weekends and observed holidays


Update for this issue...
Kudos goes to the Steinberg customer support staff because I did receive a timely response from them yesterday. However, I asked them to investigate this issue more thoroughly and, if they would, respond to this forum thread.

I hope he does but, if not, I will relay what he says to me.

Regards to all... :)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase 7.5.20 (64bit), OS: Windows 7 x64 SP1, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz, RAM: 8GB, Graphics: 1024MB GeForce GTX 650, AI: PreSonus Firebox
User avatar
Prock
Member
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:22 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Elektrobolt » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:32 am

Prock wrote:BTW... My opinion is that your opinion posted a few posts ago was very well written and gets your viewpoint across perfectly. Just wondering if you are running CB on Windows Or Mac? And, if on Windows, have you ever experienced this issue? Thanks.

No problem, mate. I am using mainly Windows 8.1 (64-bit on as much as possible).

If I used a USB connected keyboard and it was in a disconnected state while starting Cubase, I would of course need to shut Cubase down and restart it after reconnecting the keyboard, just as the people in this thread. There is no argument whether this is the case. However, I only use MIDI keyboards, so I am not experiencing what has been described, no.

Even if I did, I would not let one thing sustain my irritation for any period of length. I would device a solution that works for me and mine. Life is too short for anything else.
With Note Expression (VST3.5), individual notes contain their own set of controller data when played polyphonically.
VST Expression, Steinberg VST
Cakewalk Sonar X3 now supports VST3!
User avatar
Elektrobolt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:12 am
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Prock » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:03 am

8-)
Elektrobolt wrote:Even if I did, I would not let one thing sustain my irritation for any period of length. I would device a solution that works for me and mine. Life is too short for anything else.


Thanks for your response to my question and I'm glad you have found your acceptable solution to this issue. :)

For your quoted statement, I agree 100%. For me this means that I will continue my focus on making/recording/producing music without distraction but, it also means I will do my best to get this issue on Steinberg's radar (I don't think it was). Then I leave it to the Cubase development team in Germany to prioritize its fix appropriately. I would think that priority would be based in part on the voices seen on this forum and also in part by the shear embarrassment of having pro-level DAW software that doesn't have the basic USB connection capability found in other DAWs. Some available as freeware.

So fellow Cubase users, now is the time to speak up on this issue since this is currently being reviewed by the Cubase development team in Germany. In other words... Speak now or forever hold your peace. 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase 7.5.20 (64bit), OS: Windows 7 x64 SP1, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz, RAM: 8GB, Graphics: 1024MB GeForce GTX 650, AI: PreSonus Firebox
User avatar
Prock
Member
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:22 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Invincibear » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:26 am

+1 needs to be fixed
Try loading 100+ orchestral tracks for a load time of 20 minutes or more just because power got unplugged or you forgot to turn on a keyboard before opening Cubase.
Invincibear
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby harcourt » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:46 pm

Invincibear wrote:+1 needs to be fixed
Try loading 100+ orchestral tracks for a load time of 20 minutes or more just because power got unplugged or you forgot to turn on a keyboard before opening Cubase.

+1
....you beat me to it! Just about what I was going to say - but for some without SSD's and bigger templates, it would probably be a lot longer.
Cubase 7.5.10 64bit, Dell M6600 laptop - i7 2920xm, 2.50 Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win7 64bit, Echo AudioFire Pre8. Panorama P6, MIDI controller keyboard.
harcourt
Junior Member
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:02 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Finsonic » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:49 am

Elektrobolt wrote:I take it that you are addressing me personally.


Not you at all. You assumed wrong. :!:
CPU: i7 980X / MoBo: GA-X58A-OC / RAM:: 12GB / SSD: M4 256GB / ASIO: ESi Maya44e / OS: Win7 Ultimate x64 / DAW: Cubase 7.5
CPU: i7 3930K / MoBo: P9-X79 Deluxe / RAM: 32GB / SSD: Vertex4 256GB / ASIO: RME HDSPe AIO / OS: Win8.1 Enterprise x64 / DAW: Cubase 7.5
Finsonic
Junior Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:36 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Finsonic » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:08 am

Elektrobolt wrote:However, I only use MIDI keyboards, so I am not experiencing what has been described, no.


There could be a day when you decide to buy a controller, be it motorized faders, a Korg nanoPad or QuNeo. Or whatever will be on the market in the future. And it doesn't have a MIDI-out there.
Just to be on the safe side, it would be just nice to plug it and have it working in the very moment you're having the best idea of your life. Could be you only have one controller and keep it attached all the time. But maybe you have more than one and don't need them all the time or just one or another for special purposes. Maybe you're short on USB-ports and just can't connect 3 controllers at the same time.
Maybe you're just doing Jazz music, then these controllers may not be on your want-to-buy-list. But there are plenty of electronic music producers. And they like those tools to manipulate the sounds in real time.

What I meant about eye-candy is that Steinberg did a lot regarding this. But they didn't move a finger to change the USB recognition problem.

There are some things in Cubase I don't need and I don't ask them to be removed. If we users are no longer allowed to ask for simple features, no issues to be repaired, then something is going absolutely wrong. We still paid for the product and future BUG-fixes and improvements. I'm just asking for a bug to be fixed and with this having an improved experience.
CPU: i7 980X / MoBo: GA-X58A-OC / RAM:: 12GB / SSD: M4 256GB / ASIO: ESi Maya44e / OS: Win7 Ultimate x64 / DAW: Cubase 7.5
CPU: i7 3930K / MoBo: P9-X79 Deluxe / RAM: 32GB / SSD: Vertex4 256GB / ASIO: RME HDSPe AIO / OS: Win8.1 Enterprise x64 / DAW: Cubase 7.5
Finsonic
Junior Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:36 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby Elektrobolt » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:13 am

Finsonic, are you just fishing for an argument?

You wrote this in a PM to me:
Finsonic wrote:No, I wasn't addressing you but someone else ;)

(Notice the friendly wording, in private.)

The next day you write this in the thread:
Finsonic wrote:Not you at all. You assumed wrong. :!:

(Notice the attitude change for the public.)

Regarding your elaboration on "a day that could be"... I explained my opinion, twice I believe. You missed the point entirely and then have a hard time letting go of the argument. Maybe this, maybe that. Mate, you are taking this way to personal. Let it go!

Or even better, startup Cubase without plugging me in. ;)
With Note Expression (VST3.5), individual notes contain their own set of controller data when played polyphonically.
VST Expression, Steinberg VST
Cakewalk Sonar X3 now supports VST3!
User avatar
Elektrobolt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:12 am
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Postby peakae » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:24 pm

I hope it never gets fixed, there are way more important issues that needs to be addressed ;-)
Cubase 7.5.20 , I7 3770K , win7x64, 16Gb Ram, Steinberg MR816x, Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus
Cubase 6.5.4, Intel Q6600, WinXPx32, 4Gb Ram, Motu 828mkII, Behringer ADA8000
User avatar
peakae
Junior Member
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:15 pm
Location: Bedroom
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 14 times

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests and Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: raino and 2 guests