c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

No.

There are things that still doesn’t work right like “plugins always on top” of mixer…

Any word on that?

(one of my pet annoyances, just like my other issue of Edit Active Part that no one seems to have a problem with).

I don’t seem to have a prob with that scenario but options (to have or not to have) are always nice.

So a major yes to further development. (score/notation; but even that is better in C7.5)

C7.5 is IMHO a killer app! Smooth!..Solid!..Beautiful!..Pro!..Worth every $$.

Proud to be a user here.

{‘-’}

OP- I have to see this to believe it. Since upgrading to 7.5, I have have numerous crashes(upwards of 20), and a screen that goes completely white during cutting, or moving a piece of audio. AND, now my mono inputs from my Onyx 1640i aren’t working(5, 7, 9) for no apparent reason. The Mackie monitors the inputs beautifully, but Cubase, set up the same exec way its been for 5 years, does not receive any signal from these channels(this started 3 days ago.)

I’m not a happy camper.

Not that I’m suggesting these to resolve your problem, but have you tried to dust off your gear during the past 5 years? If not, there’s a lot to clean inside your Mac Pro. The GPU alone gathers a lot of dust, not to mention the mixer and its I/O cables. Was everything working fine before you upgraded to Mavericks? Have you upgraded from Cubase Artist 7 to full version Cubase 7.5 three days ago when things started to act up against you? Maybe some setup/preference thing isn’t up to par for ultimate performance as these are two different programs. Have you checked everything? Just asking’…

Good luck.

I’d probabably try rolling back from Mavericks…I’ve heard the 2008 Mac Pro’s are “borderline” when it comes to running it properly.

So glad I moved to Cubase. Thank you Steinberg for great quality - really stable here.

You are using halion, padshops, UAD and outboard gear…

Ofcourse this setup is going to run perfect.

Come back when you have 10 massives, 1xbattery 4, 5 alchemys, 5 sylenths, 5 gladiators, fabfilter plugins, Melda plugins, active sidechaining, more than 2 send effects, hell more than 2 plugins on every track + long sound design chains and you will see the other side soon enough.

And that other guy using Virtual Guitarist + BFD3…ROFL
Ofcourse the app is perfect for you nubs.

ROLF indeed! It IS possible to bring ANY machine to it’s knees you know :unamused:!

if you actually look at my OP troll you will see im running alchemy .

If you wish to overload your cubase with third party plugin’s and the cry that’s up to you but if you don’t know how to work with the system you have and it renderers it useless then i would say it would be on par with the user then .

Since i made the OP , it still stands , not one crash and i can genuinely say that , im still loving the my flow and C7.5 is still ultra stable !

@G-string,

Just to be back on topic :wink:, C7.5 works very well here. I realise, in comparison to many others here, I don’t use large numbers (4-7 Omni, Kontakt, Trilian, Massive etc.) of VSTis but do use a lot of hungry VSTeffects, including 2 or 3 instances of Nebula with rather heavy presets. UAD plugs are a huge help.

I’ve learned to work with my aging machine, and what’s funny, I don’t feel like I’m missing anything :slight_smile:.

One thing about aging machines (not me!), you get to know them really well, and that makes for a stable system. It’s a shame upgrading seems to become necessary sooner or later.

But…different strokes for different folks,

Mauri.

Mauri
I completely agree with you , it’s about knowing your machines capability and working with it ( im sure im going to get slated for this ) .
I personally use a moderate a mount of vsti’s and plugin’s and i couldn’t wish for a better production system and as you say it’s only experience of knowing what works well with your system that keeps the workflow going .
If i was to constantly keep pushing the system to the max then i would expect hickups and crashes and then i would think about redesigning my own system and workflow to suit .

It is a shame having to upgrade or update a machine you have got to know so well but thats tech for you .
To be honest i can’t remember a more stable win based cubase , i stayed on sx3 until half way through C5 and then updated and wished i hadn’t but now … This is truly an amasing bit of kit :wink:

I started using an EFI based motherboard about 6 months ago, with a 4K sector drive and the benefits cannot be understated.

Secure fast booting and large file access with more efficient storage are but some of the benefits of upgrading to a new machine.

No point being a luddite when it comes to Cubase!

The only problem I had during the first few days of use was because I forgot to set CB to “run as administrator”. So a few of my older VSTs would not work (or even show in the list).

Now, almost two months in and ZERO crashes. Beautiful, ROCK SOLID! :sunglasses:

Still having problems with the mixer zoom (it always resets)…

Very solid 7.5.0 :smiley:

confirm here too and should be still rock solid with 7.5.10 !

What specific information are we talking about (regarding stopping the crashes)? I had the crash-on-exit problem 100% of the time for the first week I used 7.5, but one day it suddenly stopped, and it’s been quite reliable since then. I do not recall changing anything that I think might have made the crashes go away. (Is the fix just running as administrator and changing compatibility mode like I’ve seen some people mention?)

Another great improvement I’ve noticed with 7.5 is that ASIOguard does not appear to cause me any problems like it did on 7.0. I could not use Cubase 7.0 with ASIOguard enabled; it always resulted in audio glitches for me. 7.5’s been running smooth with zero customizations, though.

yep that fixed it for me , not had one crash since :wink: