Cubase iC Pro for Android available now!

Ok, thanks, I’ll try that.

Doesn’t work over here.

I installed the remote thing in Nuendo, the app on my Nexus 7, start Nuendo, start Cubase iC on Nexus, type in the IP:

“There is no host assigned to this IP address.”

You need to go into the device setup and add SKI remote whatever in order to get your PC to show up in the IC Pro app.

It’s all there in the brief instructions.

I installed the remote Device Menu in Cubase 7.5, the app on my Acer A500, start Cubase, start Cubase iC Pro 1.2.0.69 on Android, type in the IP My Computer:

“There is no host assigned to this IP address.”

Firewall is Disabled
¿…?

Yeah, I read the “all there in the brief instructions” and added the “SKI remote whatever” “in the device setup” “in order to get my PC to show up in the IC pro app.”

And it doesn’t.

Like I said.

I’m not network savvy (someone else set up the network for me some time ago) and i’m aware that being connected to the internet all the time is not ideal, but it works for now.

In the Cubase iC pro Official Video Tutorial thread on this forum Mr.roos has put a lot of info that may help you.

It seems that in my case (even as a complete idiot) I was lucky and it worked, so I don’t want to try to change things at the moment.

Note. The app does not list anything in the connection box on the nexus so I have to enter the IP address every time.

In case you missed it. Restarting your computer may fix the problem. Worked for me. I spent an hour farting about until I decided a restart was worth a go.

I’m getting that cosy Beta tester feeling all over again.

I have actually just tried to install an ad-hoc network by following the instructions in the video tutorial, but my Win-7 64bit system does not offer me the option to set up an ad-hoc network - It only gives me the following options:

Connect to the Internet
Set up a new Network
Connect to a workplace
Set up a dial-up connection

The next option (shown in the video) is not there.

Any idea what’s wrong?

Ad hoc networks are by definition between wireless devices, if I’m not mistaken.

For those who can’t connect :
As been said before, be sure to disable your firewall.
Don’t lose time on ad hoc connections, a simple wifi connection is enough.
Install bonjour !!! Or you’ll never get the “your_daw_name_here” connection window and you’ll have to connect via Ip each time.
You don’t need to connect to internet, a simple local wifi router does the job.
You don’t need to have wifi on your Daw for IC pro to work, as suggested before a cat 6/5 network plugged on a wifi router (internet box…) will suffice.
You don’t need a password.
And what I couldn’t get straight :
Be sure to enter the activation code on the E-licenser then be sure to Download the license. You should get a Cubase IC pro license (or Trial) mention visible in the rigt panel when you click on the soft elicenser.

Then this beaut will work flawlessly with many simultaneous clients.

OK - I’ll just stick with they way it works now.

thanks

I don’t get it.

Bonjour running.

The DAW computer is connected to the WiFi router with a Cat5e cable.

I disable my windows firewall, home and public on the DAW machine.
I disable Avast anti virus completely on the DAW machine.
I disable the Internet network connection on the DAW machine.

I launch N6

On the Android I launch Cubase iCPro

There is nothing in the ‘Select your computer’ box, so I enter the IP of the DAW computer. The app then reports that there is no host assigned to this IP address.

If I then enable the firewall, anti-virus and the Internet connection again the IP becomes available and IC pro attaches to Nuendo.

So how can I run IC without the firewall and Internet etc being connected?

I’m already using Cubase iC pro on iPad, but also have Galaxy 5" Android phone. I wonder is it possible to use at the same time both iPad and smartphone? If yes, I could control one part of Cubase, while my guitar player could control and set his channel.

Alex

Weird, you get the opposite behaviour I encounter.
At the moment, I’m experimenting on a huawey 3g wifi router without sim card, so no internet. It acts as my wifi router between my Daw (with a wifi dongle) and my 3 android devices (Sony Xperia Z tablet, Google Nexus 7 and a 5" smartphone. I tried with the same gear but daw connected via lan and wifi router and on a laptop and I always had to switch off the firewall even after windows asked me to allow some ports opening for IC pro.

But whatever, If it works, it does. But do you get the Daw name’s or do you always have to connect via IP ?

That my friend, you’ll have to try…
With two Android devices, you’re able to have different opened sections…

You installed and enabled SKI-Remote in Nuendo?

Not working!!! :frowning: :imp:

Cubase 7.5, firewall disabled, Antivirus Disabled, made ping from my PC to the tablet and phone (android) = test OK

1 -. Added in “Device Settings” + SKI Remote.
2 - turn on the IC Pro app in Android (I’ve tried both the tablet and phone separately and at different times).
3 -. Wrote the IP of my PC in the app, which is 192.168.1.114
4 - Result… “There is no host assigned to this IP address.”

In none of them work!

Any suggestions?

My tablet Acer A500 Android 4.3
My Phone HTC One S Android 4.1.1

:arrow_right:

yup.

Got it to work. ELicencer issue.

It took me a LONG TIME to make this work on my Android devices…I was also getting the problem where the computer name would not show up on my device, and when I would put the IP address, it would tell me that no such IP address existed (although I had just run an ipconfig on my PC so I knew it was the right one).

What seems to have worked for me is restarting my phone a few times.

For my tablet, it went smoothly to connect. To my surprise, the computer name was showing. I say to my surprise because its an old Motorola tablet running Android 4.0.3. Nevertheless it was smoother connecting that then my Samsung Galaxy S2 which is on 4.1.2. However, it froze my tablet about 15 minutes later while i was experimenting.

It should be noted that my firewalls are off and Im using an open ad hoc network as per the video.
I will further test with my firewall back on, but as it stands right now, things are working and the firewall is off.

I have BOTH devices connected at the same time which is pretty sick… I like how on the tablet I get more real estate so I’ll probably just use my phone for start and stop!

Thanks Steinberg for not ignoring the Android community! :slight_smile:

PS. FOUND A POSSIBLE BUG. On both my devices I cannot set the tempo to a new value. Others would like to confirm?

PS2. No need to turn off firewalls here. Worked just the same. :slight_smile: