Questionair - January 2014

If I’ve paid for it I want to own it. I can’t guess what’s about to happen in the future so I do not want anything stop working because I happened not to want to upgrade at a specific point in time, for whatever reason. I might want to upgrade later but if I agree to go with this model I’m beyond the point of no return.

We’re also reaching a point where it’s hard for an application like Cubase to be significantly “better” (as opposed to “more”) so there’s a point in keeping one eye at the wheel and one one the road. I think I need to check if I really need new versions after this one. It’s already freakin’ awesome like it is, and I’ve paid for it. To jump on a subscription model now … naw! I don’t wanna tie myself to the whipping post!

I don’t remember but wasn’t there another question about a modular model as well. Buy modules as you need them or something like that? I kind of like that one. It’s a little like IK Multimedia Amplitube and T-rackS? I’m not sure how that will work out in a totally different program like Cubase but it’s interesting.