Survey suggest Steinberg considering subscription model

Yes, from reading the forums & various blogs, it looks like Adobe have lost a lot of users (both hobbyist & professionals, including larger companies & institutional users) since they went cloud-only. A lot of people are just sticking with CS6. There’s a huge complaint thread on their forum that has been active since they made the change last spring (I can’t find it right now - it’s hard to find anything more than a few days old on there since they introduced infinite scrolling. I dislike infinite scroll almost as much as forced subscriptions :laughing: ).

Of course some people do like the Cloud. The complaints are more about the lack of perpetual licenses, rather than subscriptions per se. Most users just want to be able to choose the model that works best for them. Although there are also a lot of complaints from cloud users about Adobe’s poor service when things go wrong.

This sums up some of the issues Adobe Inc. - Wikipedia

I really hope Steinberg are aware of the downsides of subscription software from a user’s POV. I can see how it’s more beneficial for developers & software companies, but not if customers end up deserting them…