Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness

Hi. This is a great topic. I’ve learned a lot of things!!.
So I’d like to share some way I use to work with Nuendo:.

1. Take a look at Direct Folders: Direct Folders for Windows - Code Sector
    It provides the function Cubendo should have long time ago, remembering paths. It also let you go to a folder of your choice (previously configured) with middle mouse double click. Time saver. All the stuff from codesector is top notch (Terra copy bypasses windows copy engine. its 10 times faster)
  2. I don’t use Track Presets. This function seems broken/ not mature enough. Instead of I use export Track Archives. You can make templates of mixed channels (MIDi, FX,Groups, audio, markers etc.) and recall them from any folder!. Just use Direct Folders :slight_smile:. Takes 2 secs. As a bonus I can instantly recall different Generic Remote setups. Just use DF (from now on I will use this as the Direct Folders name :slight_smile: )
  3. I did post a way to make “fake” VCA" on the Nuendo forum. It is the way I like it :slight_smile: .
    Blue Cat company has got a suite of free gain plugins. The nice thing is they respond to MIDI and can be grouped!
    So: Insert x amount of Free Gain plugin into desired channels. Group them. Configure them to respond to a Cubendo’s MIDI channel. Instant VCA. Here the link : VCA FADERS DIY!! - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums. And: I f you insert the in slot 6 you ride pre fader, slot 7 post fader or a mixture you desire. PT VCA is a joke in comparison LOL. :imp:
  4. Another thing I was looking for was the soundminers ability to PREVIEW SFX with VST plugins. Solution: Just use Headphone Bus (assuming one is using Control Room). You can insert plugs into the bus and preview Media Bay in real time. Link: Soundminer DIY - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums. It saves some bucks and lets you “design” sfx as you preview database. :nerd:

More to come :slight_smile:
Thank you for the great topic!!