Unable to upgrade to 7.0.6 for Artist 7

Hi and thanks for any help! I am unable to upgrade my Artist 7 from 7.0.4 to 7.0.6. Here are the Two error messages that I get. #1 “An installation package for the Steinberg Cubase 7-64bit cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package Cubase7_64bit.msi”
#2 “Cubase 7.0.6 64bit Update installation failed. Fatal error Code 1603”.
I have tried this several times with no success. I have Cubase Artist 7 installed on my E drive. Could this be part of the problem? If this is so then how do I Un-install Cubase and re-install it on the C drive? When I first installed this program, it gave me the option to install it on a different drive and I chose to install on my E drive ( I did this to have a designated Drive for Cubase and save space on my C drive) ( unfortunately it ended up putting HALion, Groove Agent Etc. on the C drive anyway) and its been working perfectly fine but if this is going to be a continuing problem for every update then perhaps I need to reinstall it. One final thought I was able to upgrade to 7.0.4 with no problems when I first installed this version of Cubase Artist 7. I am a relatively new user to recording and Cubase. Thanks again for any help!

Dear George,

unfortunately that problem can only be fixed by re-installing Cubase. First uninstall Cubase 7, then install the 7.0.0 Core installer (available in the Cubase 7 download page) and directly after that the 7.0.6 update, avoiding all updates in-between.

Regards

Luis…Good Morning!
Thank you for your reply. Does this mean I should NOT re-install CUBASE on my “E” drive? If that is so then I don’t understand why I was given the option to install CUBASE on an alternate drive in the first place if it is going to be a problem. Also why would it give me that option and then install ALL of the HALion Etc. files on my “C” drive anyway. This just does not make sense. I was trying to have a designated drive for CUBASE and all the HALion Etc. files so as not to fill up my “C” drive. Surely I am not the only person to wonder about this or want to do it this way. CUBASE takes up a lot of drive space and before you know it my “C” drive is going to be overwhelmed. It just makes sense to be able to designate a different drive for ALL of CUBASE. Anyway thanks for your help!
George
PS I also am having a repeating problem logging into this forum. I keep having to have Steinberg send me a new password to login. Why can’t there just be ONE login and password for “My Steinberg” “Steinberg Forum” and the “Online Shop”??? Simple is GOOD!
PSS I really do like CUBASE. It is an amazing program and I am adding more Steinberg Software as I can afford it. I’m just trying to keep it all organized…thanks again!

Hi George,

the problem isn’t the drive you installed Cubase on, but a file that got corrupted when updating from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3 or from 7.0.3 to 7.0.4. It is a known issue that is best solved by re-installing Cubase 7.0.0 and then skiping those 3 updates and going straight to 7.0.6. You don’t have to re-install everything, no content, no plugins… just the Cubase Core application.

Hope this helps

Regards

Luis
Thank you very much! It sounds pretty simple the way you explained it. I will give it a try.
George