Unable to upgrade to 7.0.6 for Artist 7

Post general topics related to Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 here.

Unable to upgrade to 7.0.6 for Artist 7

Postby George Richard » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:23 am

Hi and thanks for any help! I am unable to upgrade my Artist 7 from 7.0.4 to 7.0.6. Here are the Two error messages that I get. #1 "An installation package for the Steinberg Cubase 7-64bit cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package Cubase7_64bit.msi"
#2 "Cubase 7.0.6 64bit Update installation failed. Fatal error Code 1603".
I have tried this several times with no success. I have Cubase Artist 7 installed on my E drive. Could this be part of the problem? If this is so then how do I Un-install Cubase and re-install it on the C drive? When I first installed this program, it gave me the option to install it on a different drive and I chose to install on my E drive ( I did this to have a designated Drive for Cubase and save space on my C drive) ( unfortunately it ended up putting HALion, Groove Agent Etc. on the C drive anyway) and its been working perfectly fine but if this is going to be a continuing problem for every update then perhaps I need to reinstall it. One final thought I was able to upgrade to 7.0.4 with no problems when I first installed this version of Cubase Artist 7. I am a relatively new user to recording and Cubase. Thanks again for any help!
George Richard

Re: Unable to upgrade to 7.0.6 for Artist 7

Postby Luis Dongo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:45 am

Dear George,

unfortunately that problem can only be fixed by re-installing Cubase. First uninstall Cubase 7, then install the 7.0.0 Core installer (available in the Cubase 7 download page) and directly after that the 7.0.6 update, avoiding all updates in-between.

Regards
Luis Dongo, Technical Support
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Luis Dongo
Site Admin

Postby George Richard » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:48 pm

Luis...Good Morning!
Thank you for your reply. Does this mean I should NOT re-install CUBASE on my "E" drive? If that is so then I don't understand why I was given the option to install CUBASE on an alternate drive in the first place if it is going to be a problem. Also why would it give me that option and then install ALL of the HALion Etc. files on my "C" drive anyway. This just does not make sense. I was trying to have a designated drive for CUBASE and all the HALion Etc. files so as not to fill up my "C" drive. Surely I am not the only person to wonder about this or want to do it this way. CUBASE takes up a lot of drive space and before you know it my "C" drive is going to be overwhelmed. It just makes sense to be able to designate a different drive for ALL of CUBASE. Anyway thanks for your help!
George
PS I also am having a repeating problem logging into this forum. I keep having to have Steinberg send me a new password to login. Why can't there just be ONE login and password for "My Steinberg" "Steinberg Forum" and the "Online Shop"??? Simple is GOOD!
PSS I really do like CUBASE. It is an amazing program and I am adding more Steinberg Software as I can afford it. I'm just trying to keep it all organized...thanks again!
George Richard

Postby Luis Dongo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:47 am

Hi George,

the problem isn't the drive you installed Cubase on, but a file that got corrupted when updating from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3 or from 7.0.3 to 7.0.4. It is a known issue that is best solved by re-installing Cubase 7.0.0 and then skiping those 3 updates and going straight to 7.0.6. You don't have to re-install everything, no content, no plugins... just the Cubase Core application.

Hope this helps

Regards
Luis Dongo, Technical Support
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Luis Dongo
Site Admin

Postby George Richard » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:35 am

Luis
Thank you very much! It sounds pretty simple the way you explained it. I will give it a try.
George
George Richard

Return to General