7.5 Patch date ?

Post general topics related to Cubase 7, Cubase Artist 7 and Cubase Elements 7 here.

Re: 7.5 Patch date ?

Postby sycophant » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:51 pm

Plasuma wrote:
Dave wrote:So the question is why would turning on the Steinberg Audio Power scheme impact VST performance?

I don't know for sure, but the Steinberg power scheme might just follow their guidelines for optimizing Windows PCs as a DAW. One of those "optimizations" I saw there was prioritizing background over foreground applications, which is a really bad idea if you've got a lot of stuff running along with Cubase.

It's actually a good idea if your system is powerful enough to run all that internet stuff at the same time (mine is BTW and is actually quite modest in terms of hardware but being AMD support for modern standards usually comes well before Intel).
sycophant

Postby Buchanan » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:34 am

Plasuma wrote:
bugishcompany wrote:All these old timers claiming theres no difference between .06 and 7.5 is bizarre...you people are in every similar thread either diverting the issue or claiming no problem.

For those folks who do that, their logic is that they don't have problems and therefor you shouldn't, either. If you do have problems, it's 100% your fault because you have a low post count. It's how more than a few of the major lurkers here think, so you get used to it. For the time being, just do your best to ignore them and don't hand out insults even if their stubbornness is frustrating (seriously, they want that - if you make them a victim, they relish the fact that they can report you to a higher authority).

post it to the "issues" forum where it will actually be looked into.

I've personally complained numerous times about instability and crashes with this version (7.5), but nothing can get done about it unless I come up with a meaningful bug report. So, in the meantime, I'm using an older version of Cubase for vital projects, and, when I have time, I'm testing my problem plug-ins in the newer version so I can compile a list of issues and crash reports that are more useful than "stuff's broken sometimes, man".

There's more to see in the issues forum, anyways. It's like a multi-player minesweeper, there are flags everywhere and everyone's hitting 5s and 6s.

Not true at all. As a later post pointed out. IF you're (or others are) having problems pointing out that the problem is NOT necessarily Cubase (to people that obviously know very little about computers) points them slightly out of the cul de sac that "If it's on MY machine it MUST be Cubase.". That is a GOOD thing. It means you have another option to approach the problem with. And SOLVE it hopefully.
Cubase 7.5 is NEW. Using an earlier Cubase for serious work is a GOOD idea. One should, being professional always be a few weeks or months behind the latest bling for professional use. Who wants to subject their paying clientele to "Look at this spanking new Cubase mixer man, it only came out yesterday...OOPS it's crashed!" You want "What effect do you want and how soon.....no problem I'm using the most stable version..."
Or do you want the same ten posters all "agreeing" with each other that "It's a Cubase bug and Steinberg should jolly well fix it...! Or else!" when "Me too. I've got that bug." does the job miles better and gets a quicker response. There's also a lot of lurkers seemingly just waiting to agree and +1 to every bug post. Low post count? Yes, I was being a facetious with my answer to a specific me too +1 lurker.
I would suggest that any new updates would be either very soon or probably Easter judging by past offerings of "Easter presents" updates or new versions.

+1 :mrgreen: Quite agree.
Everyone wants perfect software. But nobody's perfect.
Buchanan

Postby Svenne » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:45 pm

Buchanan wrote:
Plasuma wrote:
bugishcompany wrote:All these old timers claiming theres no difference between .06 and 7.5 is bizarre...you people are in every similar thread either diverting the issue or claiming no problem.

For those folks who do that, their logic is that they don't have problems and therefor you shouldn't, either. If you do have problems, it's 100% your fault because you have a low post count. It's how more than a few of the major lurkers here think, so you get used to it. For the time being, just do your best to ignore them and don't hand out insults even if their stubbornness is frustrating (seriously, they want that - if you make them a victim, they relish the fact that they can report you to a higher authority).

I've personally complained numerous times about instability and crashes with this version (7.5), but nothing can get done about it unless I come up with a meaningful bug report. So, in the meantime, I'm using an older version of Cubase for vital projects, and, when I have time, I'm testing my problem plug-ins in the newer version so I can compile a list of issues and crash reports that are more useful than "stuff's broken sometimes, man".

There's more to see in the issues forum, anyways. It's like a multi-player minesweeper, there are flags everywhere and everyone's hitting 5s and 6s.

Not true at all. As a later post pointed out. IF you're (or others are) having problems pointing out that the problem is NOT necessarily Cubase (to people that obviously know very little about computers) points them slightly out of the cul de sac that "If it's on MY machine it MUST be Cubase.". That is a GOOD thing. It means you have another option to approach the problem with. And SOLVE it hopefully.
Cubase 7.5 is NEW. Using an earlier Cubase for serious work is a GOOD idea. One should, being professional always be a few weeks or months behind the latest bling for professional use. Who wants to subject their paying clientele to "Look at this spanking new Cubase mixer man, it only came out yesterday...OOPS it's crashed!" You want "What effect do you want and how soon.....no problem I'm using the most stable version..."
Or do you want the same ten posters all "agreeing" with each other that "It's a Cubase bug and Steinberg should jolly well fix it...! Or else!" when "Me too. I've got that bug." does the job miles better and gets a quicker response. There's also a lot of lurkers seemingly just waiting to agree and +1 to every bug post. Low post count? Yes, I was being a facetious with my answer to a specific me too +1 lurker.
I would suggest that any new updates would be either very soon or probably Easter judging by past offerings of "Easter presents" updates or new versions.

+1 :mrgreen: Quite agree.

I'd just like to know...what the H*** does this have to do with the 7.5 Patch date?

Start a new thread if you want to discuss something else!!!
Cubase 7.5.30 [64bit] + IC Pro, WaveLab Elements 8, Cubasis 1.8.2, Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-core 8GB, 10.9.4 (Mavericks), MR 816x, iPad Air (128GB)
Svenne

Postby Subpantelis » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:33 pm

wcb123 wrote:Anyone know when we can expect the first patch for 7.5 ? Its so much more CPU intensive than 7.06. Im maxed out on vst performance with Buffer @ 2000 and something.

Ridiculous!

I had this issue a couple of times after installing updates/upgrades and then loading projects that had been created with an earlier version. Try making a backup of your project to a new folder and check if that one works better. If it doesn't, then export the tracks by hand and import them to a project freshly created with 7.5.
Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz ¦ 16 GB DDR3 ¦ 128 GB SSD ¦ 2 TB SATA 7200 rpm ¦ NVidia GeForce GTX 680 ¦ Line 6 UX2
Windows 7 Home 64bit ¦ Cubase 7.0.6 64bit ¦ All plugins 64bit
Subpantelis

Postby Outsounder » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:34 pm

There is obviously a resources tax on 7.5 meters were bouncing up 80/90 % (win7 64 bit) on quite a template/project here, using multiple instances of kontakt, play, engine 3, nexus and padshop with a raft of waves/lexicon plugs.

However, after going into the motherboard bios and turning off the following, same project now down to about 20% on the meters.

Intel EIST
Intel C State
C1E Support
Overspeed Protection
Hyperthreading
Execute Bit Support
Set Limit CPUID MaxVal to 3 (maybe not so important)
Intel Virtual Tech
Intel VT-d Tech

Won't be exactly the same wordings on differing motherboards but well worth doing (don't forget to save the settings on bios exit)

It's also well worth turning off any unused USB ports, checking to see if there are any IRQ clashes on sound cards. HD audio (like front panel audio/headphones etc) should also be turned off in the bios and windows control panel (on some systems, that would have to be done by changing jumper positions on the mobo (does wonders in solving unexplained cracklings and pops)

Its also well worth tweaking thw windows services, theres a huge amount that are strated as default when windows boots, quite a lot of them are not needed, so turn them off and gain a bit more, also worth checking the startup apps, disabling all uneccasary items in there can speed load up time a lot as well as freeing up some more
Main-Intel i7/Asus mobo/Gforce GPU/16gig ram. Secondary-Intel Q9950/Asus mobo/Radeon GPU/8gig ram. Win 764bit, Cubase 6.5 & 7.5, Studio One 2 Pro, ACID, Ableton Live, Sonic Core Scope DSP Audio System, Roland VMC 7200-48 Channel Digital Mixing System & Focal Monitors. Software includes NI Komplete 8, East West Play Libraries, Heavyocity Libraries, Sample Logic Libraries Best Service Libraries, Sonokinetic Libraries, 8Dio Libraries,Project Sam Libaries, Sound Iron Libraries,Melodyne Pro, Uberschall Elastic & Liquid Libraries.
Outsounder

Postby alexis » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Hoping to bypass all the other stuff ... just wondering if there has been an indication by a mod of a 7.5.01-type update to 7.5? (I don't see an official announcement up top).

Thanks -
Alexis

One way to get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here.
- A more detailed explanation for how to get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here!
- And here for MIDI

Some ways to render virtual instruments to audio here.

Tips Tricks and Workflow Goodness

CubaseTutorial.net - very nice collection of instructional youtubes

Cubase 7.5.20 64 bit; i5-4570 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM; W7 SP1 64-bit on Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB; Seagate 1TB SATA 600 Audio Drive; UR28M; Motif8; UAD-2 Solo, Jamstix 3.3, BCF2K; TC Helicon VoiceOne; RevoicePro3; 0.2 Woodlocked
alexis

Postby sycophant » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:43 pm

alexis wrote:Hoping to bypass all the other stuff ... just wondering if there has been an indication by a mod of a 7.5.01-type update to 7.5? (I don't see an official announcement up top).

Thanks -

You guys got your update, now it's our turn, the 7.0.6 users
sycophant

Postby curteye » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:41 pm

sycophant wrote:
alexis wrote:Hoping to bypass all the other stuff ... just wondering if there has been an indication by a mod of a 7.5.01-type update to 7.5? (I don't see an official announcement up top).

Thanks -

You guys got your update, now it's our turn, the 7.0.6 users

ROTFLMAO!!!! Good one.
{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac i7 2.8Gz 16GB 10.9...../C5.5/6.5/7.5
Mbook 2.4Gz 4GB 10.7.5.../C5.5/6.5/7.5

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
curteye
Grand Senior Member

Postby fenderchris » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:09 pm

I use Neundo, but if you are using VST instruments try Freezing them on in the Vst Instruments window - this should bring the Performance readings right down. Also, if you want to use asio-guard make sure that the plugins have their asio-guard column checked on the plugin information screen.
Chris

The Archers - give it a rest already!

i7 Quad core 2.66 15GB ram, Windows-7 64-bit, Nuendo-6.5 64-bit, Wavelab-6, 2x MR816CSX, RME FireFace UFX, SmartAV Tango, MOTU Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Halion-5, Kontakt-5, Roland V-Drums TD-20X
Cubase iC Pro for Android and iPhone
Omnisphere, Trillian + loads of real instruments.
fenderchris

Postby Headlands » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:34 pm

Well guys, I've tried literally every suggestion in Windows 7 to try to make C7.5 behave itself ASIO performance-wise...from BIOS to service settings and all the rest. I've spent hours on this and have gone very deeply into it. The changes either don't help or it make it worse (such as disabling hyperthreading, for instance). Yet Pro Tools and Live behave themselves CPU-wise in similar sessions (88.2kHz, 24 bit with lots of audio, many VSTis and plug-ins).

C7 also had CPU issues but not to the degree that C7.5 does, so I don't know what else to do besides assume that there's something going on with Cubase. I'm the first one to try changing settings on the computer, etc., before blaming software, but unfortunately this one seems to point to C7.5.

I'm hoping that there's something that can be done with the next patch, but honestly I'm not hopeful at this point. The next step is to do a reinstall of Windows 7; but again, the other two DAWs I mentioned generally work fine under similar high track count, high sampling rate, high VST instruments and plugins sessions. I definitely prefer Cubase to those two, overall, so I want to stay on Cubase/Nuendo for my main DAW.
Nuendo 6 and Cubase 7.5, Win 7 x64, 16GB RAM, UAD2-QUAD, Lynx Aurora 8, RME HDSPe, lots and lots of toys.
Headlands

Postby peakae » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:59 am

What makes the whole trouble shooting difficult, is that on my DAW 7.5 runs a lot smoother than 7.0. I don't have ASIO spikes and I can even run most of my projects (mostly around 60 tracks) at 32 buffers. But when it comes to vsti a few instances of PLAY can max out the ASIO meter on 7.5 but not on 7.0.
Cubase 7.5.30 , I7 3770K , win7x64, 16Gb Ram, Steinberg MR816x, Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus, CMC TP, CMC CH.
Cubase 6.5.4, Intel Q6600, WinXPx32, 4Gb Ram, Motu 828mkII, Behringer ADA8000.
Yamaha MoXF, Waldorf blofeld, Yamaha CS1x, MusicMan Stingray 5, Yamaha TRB 5FL, Daking MicPre One, Safesoundaudio P1, TK audio BC1, Brauner Phanthera.
peakae

Postby Helge Vogt » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:28 pm

Hi all,

I just posted this as an announcement here:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=54625

The 7.5.10 update will be available from February 6, 2014 on!

Best,
Helge
Helge Vogt - Team Leader Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Helge Vogt

Postby smapmap » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Thanks Helge - that's great news.

As a relative newcomer to Cubase I've been really impressed at the rate of point releases - excellent stuff.

Out of curiosity why 7.5.10 and not 7.5.1?
Software: Cubase 7.5.20, Komplete 9, Sonar X2a, Alloy 2, Trash 2, Ozone 5, Fabfilter Timeless 2, Fabfilter Saturn, Valhalla Room, Lounge Lizard 4, Tassman 4, Kontakt 5, Reaktor 5, Guitar Rig 5, Z3ta 2, Z3ta+, Dimension Pro, Rapture, BFD3, Studio Drummer 3, Sonitus Plugs

Outboard: HP Z420 workstation, Xeon CPU, 24 Gig RAM, 3x1TB Barracuda HD 7200rpm, Roland GR55 guitar synth, Roland VG99, Focusrite Saffire LE interface at 24/48, AKAI EIE Audio Interace (24/48), Focusrite Penta optical Compressor, Samson Servo Amp, Tannoy Reveal speakers, SP C1 Mic, Roland KC350 Amp, Patrick Eggle Berlin Stage, Fender US Strat Deluxe, Soundcraft Spirit F1 16/2. Boss SE70, Boss DR5, Akai MPK88
smapmap

Postby sycophant » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:51 pm

Helge Vogt wrote:I just posted this as an announcement here:

Where you say:

The first maintenance update for Cubase 7.5 / Cubase Artist 7.5 will resolve several issues

Does this mean if I have 7.5, I will get ongoing maintenance fixes for Windows 8, or will 7.0.7 be enough?
sycophant

Postby AP » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm a professional Audio Engineer, electronic music producer and Cubase 7.5 is rock solid. My projets on average have 8 plugins including 8-16 halion sounds, Triebwerk, Hypnotic Dance, NI The Finger, Funk Guitarist, many vocal tracks including comp takes and new versions. Up to 5 FX channels and 3 group tracks. My performance meter is always below 50%. I run low on RAM before maxing out cubase. Some sounds will increase the performance meter NI products can do that. I've learned to manage my resources with my current MBP until I get another one.

7.5 runs like a dream for me and I find the GUI very professional looking. They did an amazing job. No issues.

The upcoming update will improve many things sounds good didn't expect it so soon.
BTW once I tried 7.5 I've never used C7 and the same goes for 6.5...

For those that are having performance issues I would be curious to see their SIG... And their production technique... Because I consider all electronic music to simply be RnB on steroids. Especially Dub Step. Which is RnB ballad really.
Last edited by AP on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cubase 7.5.30, 15" MacBook Pro i7, SSD, 16 GB Ram, OSX 10.10 UR28M, CMC.
AP

Postby Jalcide » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:58 pm

Helge Vogt wrote:Hi all,

Best,
Helge

Excellent news, Helge.

Your point releases and communications of them have been exemplary.

(Looking forward to this one: "- No more excessive Project loading times"!)
http://soundcloud.com/jalcide

Rack-mounted DAW1 (Main): Cubase Pro 8.0.0 64-bit, Win 7 64-bit, i7-4770K @ 4.0GHz OC, Stock Cooling, ASUS Maximus VI Gene Z87 mATX Motherboard, 16 Gigs DDR3, EVGA GTX 760, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 on a Vantect FireWire 400 PCIe card (UGT-FW200), Two 30" ACDs

Rack-mounted DAW2 (Real-time Mastering Chain connected to DAW1 via ADAT Optical): Reaper 64-bit, Win 7 64-bit, i5-4670K @ 4.0GHz, 16 Gigs DDR3, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, One 20" ACD
Jalcide

Postby sycophant » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Jalcide wrote:Your point releases and communications of them have been exemplary.

No information about fixes for 7.0.7 though.
sycophant

Postby Svenne » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Best,
Helge

Many thanks Helge. Great announcement. However I miss one "bug". The mushrooming .cpr file sizes! I have between 2x to 3x increase in file size, when saved from 7.5 (I have read that other people have seen up to 10x increases). The strange thing is that when the file that was saved in 7.5 is re-saved in 7.0.6, the file size returns to the original!?! Go figure.

Has this been looked at?
Cubase 7.5.30 [64bit] + IC Pro, WaveLab Elements 8, Cubasis 1.8.2, Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-core 8GB, 10.9.4 (Mavericks), MR 816x, iPad Air (128GB)
Svenne

Postby Puma0382 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:15 pm

I think I'm going to go mad as a mad thing, if the gridlines for AudioWarp/FreeWarp (Sample Editor) aren't back in this update...

viewtopic.php?f=196&t=51534
C7.5.30; Cubase Pro 8; Win 8.1 32bit; Q6600 2.4 Ghz; 4Gb RAM; NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS; MIDISPORT 2x2; Delta1010LT;
WL8.5.10; Komplete9, StylusRMX
Puma0382

Postby sycophant » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:04 pm

Puma0382 wrote:I think I'm going to go mad as a mad thing, if the gridlines for AudioWarp/FreeWarp (Sample Editor) aren't back in this update...

viewtopic.php?f=196&t=51534

If they're not back in this update, as I've found then maybe a future update because obviously the v7 fork is a dead end.
sycophant

Postby Freddie H » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Best,
Helge

Thanks Helge! ;)

Great info!

Best Regards
Freddie
-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
Freddie H

Postby BriHar » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:29 pm

@ Sycophant
sycophant wrote:No information about fixes for 7.0.7 though.

The 7.07 Update comes out first! I believe you're in the wrong thread.
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=51812
...yes I think it can be easily done, just take everything down to Highway 61.

Sun Point Studio Turbenthal, Switzerland

Cubase 8.0.0 - 64bit | Cubase AI7 | WaveLab 8.5.20 - 64bit | PT10 | UR28M | UR44 | CMC-PD/4xFD/QC/AI/CH/TP | BCF2000 | Shuttlexpress | Graphire Tablet | Cubendo Custom Keyboard | Lenovo E31 Workstation:Xeon E3-1225V2/3.2GHz; 14GB DDR3 SDRAM; 2x Intel-Flash520 SSD 180GB (C:/D:);1TB 7200rpm Sata3 (F:); DVD RW (E:); Ext. 3TB USB3 Freecom + WD 1TB; Nvidea GeForce GT 630 4GB DDR3 Video Ram AGP PCIE | Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
BriHar

Postby Helge Vogt » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:44 pm

.... just updated the thread with more detailed Information about what has been resolved!

Best,
Helge
Helge Vogt - Team Leader Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Helge Vogt

Postby Freddie H » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:06 pm

Helge Vogt wrote:.... just updated the thread with more detailed Information about what has been resolved!

Best,
Helge

Thanks again.

Great that you solve all those bugs in next update.

What I don't see is the most important fix of a "bug", "plugin window" falling behind mixer-view?
I just wonder why you haven't fixed "plugin window" falling behind mixer-view yet?
That's one of the most irritated bug we all face everyday working with Cubase, and has been around since Cubase 7 first release. :roll:

Helge, can you please make it so it get priorities in next update after this one? That would be more then helpful if Steinberg fix that one.

Thanks in advance! :)

Best Regards
Freddie
-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
Freddie H

Postby sycophant » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:18 pm

Freddie H wrote:What I don't see is the most important fix of a "bug", "plugin window" falling behind mixer-view?

I just wonder why you haven't fixed "plugin window" falling behind mixer-view yet?
That's one of the most irritated bug we all face everyday working with Cubase, and has been around since Cubase 7 first release. :roll:

Helge, can you please make it so it get priorities in next update after this one? That would be more then helpful if Steinberg fix that one.

Thanks in advance! :)

Best Regards
Freddie

Not a bug, but a structural coding issue.
sycophant

PreviousNext

Return to General