Cubasis 1.8 - Roadmap

Since last update they have been very quiet

C’est pas faux

OMG, lots of immaturity shown here by some members of this board, but especially by the (2 posts ones) :frowning:
Please consider 2 factors: Xmas/NY holidays. I’m sure Steinberg is working very hard to implement all the requested features and bug fixes and that does take time.
Patience is a virtue :wink:

I kept wondering of such impatience as well.

Agreed that there seem to be some requests that are not constructive and ill placed.

Also a large number of threads that have focus quickly devolve into a splatter gun of user bugs and requests that are not relevant to the original topic.

Sadly these issues conspire to create a worse forum experience for users and admin. (I prepare to be flamed by offending members :wink:)

the worst experience for users is someone like u dude ( 2 posts one ) … agreeing for nothing.
as for the update that steinberg promise us an each month/update oups can’t figure this out …and other competitors offers more now and we are still waiting for the automation …so slow …the update and support process is so slow …anyway my 2 cents

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Do you plan to add markers?
I really need this feature!

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=325490#p325490

Hi t0rr,

Yes, we have markers on our feature request list.
Basically we have all Cubase features on our Cubasis feature request list, but as we don’t have unlimited resources we can only put a certain amount of new features on each release. :slight_smile:

Would a simple noise gate be out of the question as a new effect?

Hi, staff. Any predictions for inserting odd time signatures in the same project? The app is amazing and I am really interested in writing a thorough job on it, but without these conditions are still infeasible. Thank you for your attention.

Plinio

São Paulo - Brazil

I’m sick of Steinberg being so slow to update Cubasis. And I’m even SICKER of complaining users asking them to hurry up. I’m sick of winter, of war and having too much work to do.

And I think to myself, what a miserable world.

The above had no purpose to it, but I hope you enjoyed it anyway.

But more importantly - AUTOMATION please :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I don’t have neither iPad or Cubasis, but I just was totally amazed when I found out that the program doesn’t have automation! :laughing:

It’s like have a cig without matches & so on, totally crazy!

Tho it’d be the first DAW I’d buy for my future iPad!

So let it be automation soon!

I wonder if it will change as the bars in the same project. example 4/4, 5/4, 7/8 '?

Thanks in Advanced

News about 1.8 ? Automation and controller editing are the only new features? I hope in the presence of a sampler :slight_smile: (also as IN-APP)

Hi Benis67,

At the moment we are working on the 1.8 update which will focus featurewise on automation/MIDI CC’s only.

ios 7.1 is out.

Thanks for an update Crohde, that sounds fantastic, just hope we don’t have to wait for it very, very, very long time :wink:
Kind regards,

Hey, just got Cubasis yesterday although Cubase was my go to desktop daw once upon a time. To be honest Auria has been my go to iOS Daw but decided I needed a midi solution ( Auria is in the works but I needed something sooner rather than later). Anyway I was a little hesitant after reading some reviews but I’m glad I took a chance on it. I’m not abandoning Auria but I will definitely use this as well.
As for the coming update, automation will definitely put Cubasis on the next level.
Here are a couple of things I think would be a great addition.

1. A noise gate of some kind. That would be great for vocal tracks and better isolation of live drum tracks.
  2. A pitch correction plugin
  3. An arpeggiator ( I have have 3rd party synths that have one but having one in Cubasis would be great, especially if it can sync to the project tempo.
    Last but not least if we could export the project to Dropbox as an AFF project that would be crazy.
    Just a few things to consider.

Oh yeah, one more thing. A multi band compressor.

Striz

• a couple more things I’d like to see after playing with it some more.
    If there were some bus faders to send all the drums or backgrounds to, and when automation is added , to be able to group faders.