the fake 'new features' steinberg trickery

I actually dislike the new mix console so much that I have started to save up for a great hardware mixer. I am refusing to use that kind of money on hardware completely tied to software, like Nuage or Raven etc.
Then I will instead invest my money in longlifed hardware (they are still using 40 years old mixers, and older).

I will then use one of my excisting DAW’s as a “Gloryfied Tape Recorder”, with added Editing capabilities (I think I’ll stop with Cubase 6.5 and Nuendo 5.5. PT and Studio One will also work).
I’m not going back to tape though :wink: .

I’m starting to get real tired of the software updating, and changing of basic/core functions and/or GUI, in a way to fast paced changeover for anyone to learn something really good, before something new is “the only thing” you need.
Same symtoms as in the IT business, in which I am educated, but have now quited. The sad news is that is “following over” to the music production business.

So back to the OP.
There’s not so much more we need to make music, so there’s is more recycling of old features than really new things. Same poopies, new wrapping for the most part.
And when they have something new, they absolutely have to change perfectely fine working features and function as well. Not build upon trusted workflow methods.
New colors and look just for the sake of changing things. Things that have nothing to do with enhancing trusted workflow and work methods, making work for the “iPad generation” of graphic designers that have never touched a real mixing desk.
I thought a Virtual mixer should represent a hardware mixer (not sliders and buttons to fit our fat fingers on an iPad or other touch screen device). Virtual Studio Technology my…bum.

No, back to real hardware and real engineering skills. That is the future :wink: