Cubase iC Pro for Android available now!

hi steinberg, great work!

my solution, when no wlan around, but also works as an xtra-wlan for recording.
under win 7, you can make an hostednetwork.

-open cmd as administrator

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=daw key=12345678

netsh wlan start hostednetwork
-Starts the network “daw” with password “12345678”

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
-Stops the network “daw”

works great for me at every place withaout hotspot or wlan

thanks for cubase ic pro,

hagen

Check your elicenser. Is there a license downloaded on the right side of the Window ?

Thanks Bifop, YES the problem just eLicenser!!, this a moment its OK, uff… correct.

Thanks!!!

Worked here but with problems on an old Android Tablet made by Medion.
I think the tablet cpu is too weak.
Sometimes i don’t see the whole project part on the upper side of the tablet.
Sometimes there is only the left side or mid side from the project side.

Thanks so much for this. I’ve been asking for the Android version and now it’s here I’m pleased with it. Of course, there are points for improvements over time.

I use a Nexus7 2013 and I’d really like the split screen as mentioned in a previous post. Please work on this point, as it seems such a great idea ( as seen in the tutorial video). I’ve read about screen size being the limiting factor, but I can’t believe this can’t be overcome somehow.

Regards,

Hello,

I’m interested in purchasing this remote control extension.
But I have a question :
Do I need to purchase a “Cubase iC Pro Remote Extension for Android” for each PC I have that runs Cubase or can I purchase just one version and install it on each PC I have ?

Let me know ASAP please.

Kind regards.

Hello,

There are 2 options:

• If you have an USB-eLicenser you can download the license to it and then you can use the software on every PC where you have your USB-eLicenser connected.
  • If you don’t have a USB-eLicenser or don’t want one you have to purchase a license for each PC.

Strangely, today the Daw’s name has started to appear sometimes in the login box, although I’ve not changed anything!

for the people like me who need the STOP button.
I installed iC pro yesterday and the first thing I did was to create a new page in “key commands”. The purpose of it? To contain only 6 buttons to serve as self recording transport.

Start, stop, record, monitor, to left locator, to right locator

hope it helps a bit until we get an update :slight_smile:

This might sound silly, but I’ve just not thought of that. My mind is so full of other things that I missed this. :slight_smile: Thanks for the tip.

As I posted elsewhere, if you have both WiFi and PHY (wired) networks, you have to disconnect one or the other to use this. You will connect to your wired host through your WiFi router, if you have one. If you don’t have a WiFi router, you can Ad Hoc between an adapter and your tablet.

Cheers.

First of all, thanks a lot for making this available through the Amazon store too. This means that Kindle owners can use it without having to ‘root’ the device. Some of us suggested this in the now closed “Cubase iC Pro for Android available soon” thread and Steinberg listened. :slight_smile:

About connection problems, my firewall had very restrictive settings for local network too, and so I had to ‘trust’ the computer’s local IP address to make it work. In fact, Cubase freezes at opening while loading the SKI module if the local IP is not trusted by the firewall.

Also, I need to ‘trust’ the local IP address of my Kindle tablet to make the computer’s name appear in the app’s opening page so that I don’t have to write the host’s IP every time.

I’m so grateful you came up with this Android apk! Thanks a lot!
Now that I tried it:
Please, pretty please, consider leaving us the choice of using a smartphone or tablet display on our 1080p Nexus 7.2 or equivalent.
If that is too complicated to implement in one apk, how about making both smartphone and tablet apk versions available for all tablets, so the user can experiment and choose the best for his setup.
This would save the purchase of a costly and bulky extra tablet to a lot of customers… And make me even more grateful…!

Thanks for your future reply.

D-JeeP (Cubase 7.5)

I wonder if the ic pro works in samsung tab 3 P5200 using android 4.2 ???

Yes, it will work. I have S Tab2 and it works, a bit laggy but still better than nothing. On my S Note 3 it´s great, but small screen

I have to say I came to this site looking to buy this app to use on my Droid 4, but after reading all the technical goggledy-goog that people are going through to make it work, I have been scared away.

I’ll check back now and then to see if/when “it just works” without having to mess around like that.

I started using it with a new Samsung 12.2 note pro. What a great tool. Makes booth recording simple

ANYONE KNOW IF IC PRO WORKS WELL IN ANDROID 4.2.2 ?

Not sure, but it does work with 4.4.2 in case that is what you meant.

I HAVE SAMSUNG TAB 3 GT-P5200 WITH ANDROID 4.2.2 AND IT APPEARS THAT IT IS SLOWER THAN WELL ON MY CELL HAVING ANDROID 4.1.2
I THINK WITH ANDROID 4.2.2 DOES NOT WORK VERY WELL.

Wow… that must be nice - I have the note 10.1. . But i’m dissatisfied with the lack of OS updates. …