the fake 'new features' steinberg trickery

Isn’t this really the crux?

I mean, customers complain about “workflow” all the time, but the steps are mostly already available in the toolbox. They just aren’t streamlined the way people wants them this year. A vendor may implement them that way, but the following year the same or similar steps are now typically done some other way, and the complaints continue.

I have to say that Steinberg has always been the ones that has made my life better in terms of composing, equipment and VST instruments. The usually are on the ball with creating new exciting ways and technologies like ASIO and VST plugin in general, then Note Expression as an add-on to that. I use a lot of external MIDI equipment and so that aspect is important to me. The way Steinberg dealt with this early on has been left virtually intact and it has been surrounded with better and cooler ways of viewing and handling it.

What it comes down to is, like anything else in life, you will have to find the tool that has a staff that generally make things the way that appeals to you. If some other tool, say S1 (just an example), does have the things that just seems like the right thing for you, shouldn’t you be using it?