7.5.10 discussion and questions

Me too.

It staggers me when people give it the “don’t complain” routine, either in the “don’t complain, they’ll take away our toys”, or “go get something you do like”. neither of which are logically valid.

As above, I’ve paid a considerable amount of money for software, and if it doesn’t hold up, I will complain about it. I complained a LOT about the Houston back in the day, and eventually got my money back because it was total junk. I love Cubase, but Steinberg’s head in the sand attitude and holier-than-thou attitude (epitomised best for me with the Your Software? Your LICENCE! routine) isn’t good enough. If they had a more open structure, they would serve their customers (who pay their wages) better, and do better overall as a result. Most people don’t want a million bells and whistles, they want the features that should be there to work, and their reasonable suggestions to be taken seriously. Look at the amount of time the right-click quick menu took to re-appear, and also the hideous mess that still is the right-click menu, a decent solution for which was proposed nearly 10 years ago (and would have taken minutes to code) and still isn’t in.

If bitwig turns out to be as good as it looks, then I’ll buy it in a flash. I detest Logic, and I don’t find Ableton gives the power I need for many of the tasks I do, plus also I’m entrenched in a sense as I teach Music Tech and all the schools I work at use Cubase; there’s no way out of that, practically, so I’d rather Cubase was better. You don’t divorce someone because of an issue, you work on it together and live better together as a result.

As for 7.5.1, wasn’t it due today? Or are they going to use the “as long as it’s by 11:59pm then it’s OK” routine?