Give Edit Mode to Cubase

Between what?

Edit mode in Cubase and Nuendo

Or I’m getting something wrong? :confused:

In this case Edit Mode refers to a mode where the cursor locks to a selected object as it is being dragged: the video scrolls as the object is dragged facilitating it’s placement.

Ahh oops! :blush:

Thanks for the reply

+100000

Under Devices I’ve setup a generic remote and assigned Button Nr. 10 from my Peavey PC1600x to:

Control Name: Edit Mode
Device: Transport
Channel/Category: Device
Value/Action: editMode
Flags: P,T,N

Since update 7.5.10 this feature is broken!!!
Please bring its functionality back. It was working flawlessly from Cubase 6.5 - 7.5.0 for me.
As a film composer I rely on such a feature to sync my edits to the picture.

Nuendo is not an option.

Thank you

I’m back to Cubase 7.5.0

I can’t understand this…why does Stein… removed this???
It’s a huge pain work with media and no edit mode, may you please add this action???

Nuendo it’s not a option for musicians, and most of us use to work in movie features and tv, I spend a lot of time doing synch without this and every time I open a PT session I can’t understand why CB doesn’t have it/

:cry:

Yes, I also wonder why they removed it. Had to switch back to 7.5. Steinberg,please can we have it back in 7.5.20?

+1 on getting this feature back in the new Cubase update. This is a valuable addition to the software that allows me to work way faster scoring music to picture, my main use for Cubase.

Please correct this and add this feature back into the software.

Thanks,

Mr A

Bump

rather on topic-- how does one downgrade to 7.5 in windows?

Edit Mode or whatever we would call it should be a basic feature whenever a DAW supports sound to picture.
Leaving it out would only make sense if Cubase wouldn’t support Video at all. I’m still confident that it will get fixed.

Fight for your right :wink:

I agree with you on having this a basic feature integratated into cubase. I really hope it will be back in the next maintenance update. It really would suck if Steinberg would take it away for good. This feature helps alot when I’m working on music/sounddesign for picture.

Good to see I’m not alone when thinking about basic features of a DAW

its absolutely not acceptable to take functions already present in cubase,and users depend on it !
here is a workaround for meanwhile…(didn’t try myself on C 7.5.1)

Edit: sambosun i see u actually participate in the gearslutz topic there :nerd: hope the workaround works in 7.5.1 too

Dear steinberg can you please fix the broken generic remote editMode feature?

Thank you!

SB said it’s now a nuendo only feature, you’re welcome.

Ahhhh, thats really bad. Why did they include this feature in cubase in the first place when its for nuendo only?
:confused:

Sorry if I repeat myself

I think in this day and age such a feature that any other DAW I know of has shouldn’t be left out of Cubase. Nobody I know of bought Nuendo instead of Cubase because of its edit mode feature. A frame sync editing approach should be a de facto standart in any DAW.
Logic does it, so does Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper, Live.

I’m using video outside of Cubase anyways. As long as edit mode is enabled and it’s sending MTC I’m fine. Nuendo is not an option for me personally.
Workarounds are always involved in any creative area but disabling this feature just because somebody brought the attention to it would be a poor and disappointing statement from a developer like steinberg.

The good news is it seems pretty easy for steinberg to enable edit mode.

Maybe it’s time for a poll. Or just time to move on and get work done.