Possible Noob Question: Tempo Change Click Count In?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR… This is such a basic thing for any non 4 on the floor music. But to -describe- it requires one of those ‘LiceCap’ MOVIES. Which I HATE. Because in 2014 I shouldn’t have to screw with this.

Oh… BTW: Thanks :slight_smile: :smiley:

Cleansing breath. So… it appears that the Click Tempo -does- work as you describe with time sig changes. I can put a dummy time sig at the bar immediately before the rit. and the pre-count will click at the slow tempo. Rube Goldberg but cool.

HOWEVER, if I use your suggestion with the Pre-Count it seems to mute all tracks until recording actually begins. So I have a click, but no other music to play along with. Not ideal. IOW: Pre-Count seems to mute everything.

WHAT I want is to be able to start recording at bar 100, MM 72 with a 1 bar pre-count (starting at bar 99, MM 100) but the click is playing MM 72 -while- the rest of the tracks play back. I guess I want Pre-Count and Pre-Roll together?

AND/OR, failing that…

If the metronome could be programmed to do a special DING on beat 4 of bar 99 to telegraph to me ‘Get read, here it comes!’ that would also be useful.

Cheers,

—JC