Possible Noob Question: Tempo Change Click Count In?

Since this is a public forum, wWhen I write these little rants they are directed to SB. I dunno why people don’t get that sometimes, but regardless, thanks for your thoughtful replies.

Of course, you’re right about the start of ‘bar 99’. I HATE all this ‘explaining’ crap and sometimes go too quickly. I get frustrated when this sort of -very- common ‘human’ task isn’t addressed. Part of it, I suppose, is the fear that there are only about 500 people on the planet that still use notation.

I respectfully disagree with some of your points. It’s -very- useful to have music playing @ one tempo with a click at the upcoming tempo. I don’t need (or want) a completely separate tempo track just to do this sort of common task. That would only -add- to the complexity.

I just want the pre-count to work at the new tempo whilst the music plays back at the pre rit. tempo so I can prepare the players for the new (slower) tempo. A conductor does this with one swipe of the baton (on beat 4 he’d prep them for the new tempo.) But with Cubase unless you can physically see the computer screen during playback, you have no way to know what is coming next… unless you use Vic’s trick.

I just want a way to do Vic’s trick -without- having to go through those steps. If pre-count and pre-roll could work together, it might be a real timesaver. (Well, for me anyway.)

Thanks again.

—JC